• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tommyxx84
    • Jun 2015
    • QLD

Take rear sliding window off the frame

Hi guys...
    Does anybody know how to take the rear sliding window off the frame??

From what i can see, looks like the whole frame can be removed removing a couple of clips from inside and "breaking" the gasket (silicon) between the frame and the body.

But what from there?? can the frame be splitted/opened in 2 at that point to remove the 2 glasses or what??

I'm planning to tint them, and being the car old those windows are quite dirty and hard to clean properly where they overlapping....
    Probably removing the existing film that is peeling off properly will be a pain too in that position.

Prep and clean the windows really well is a must to achieve a good result...

Seals are hard like steel too, so i was thinking to replace them as well....but i don't wanna remove the frame and then figure out that there is no way to take them out...

Any advise/guide on how to do this (if is possible)??

Cheers
  • stumagoo
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2014
    • Perth WA S.O.R

you can buy replacement seals (bailey channel) but its normally universal stuff and often its not easy to fit, the old seal will have to be dug out but its not glued just jammed in (well it is on toyota and nissan and a few other brands with similar windows) I have not looked into slipping the glass out of these but some brands require flexing the frame (with the glass in the centre of the window frame) but this option needs the window removed from the vehicle. Others there is enough movement in the centre position to lift and remove like a ranch slider.
    1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
    *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
    1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X