• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

Originally posted by Rovingman View Post
    Cheers lads will give it a go seems pretty straight forward.
    You will know when the system is primed properly - the pump button gets very hard.

Comment

• Pilks
      • Jun 2014
      • Perth

Originally posted by GHendo View Post
      I haven't fitted the Donaldson yet as I am waiting until the next time I have to change the diesel filter and will do it then - must be getting very close.

Cheers

Geoff
      Hi Geoff,

Do you have a second fuel filter already installed on your NP and are planning to change to the Donaldson? I've been searching the forum for another gen 3 (pre-common rail) member that has installed one of these. I'm thinking this is one of those long term insurances for the engine.

Thanks

Tony.
      2004 NP Pajero Exceed 3.2 DID

Smartbar | Pioneer BT/GPS Stereo | General AT LT 265/70/16 | Bonnet Protector | BTA HD Tow Bar | Rhino Sportz Roof Rails | Roof Basket | Sunseeker Awning | Thomas Air Compressor | ARB Dual Battery Kit | 2 Inch West Coast HD Suspension | Reversing Sensors | 22" Light Bar | BD Intercooler Bash Plate and Sump Guard | Boo's Transmission Guard | Roley's Skid Plate | Airtec Snorkel | Bushskinz Sliders | HPD Catch Can

My Pajero Build Page

Comment

• vladguan
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2015
        • Adelaide

Just dropped by Hitachi this morning on the way to work and picked up the kit for $125. Same cost as buying from eBay inc delivery. I also measured the diameter of the metal inlet and outlet on the NX and they were 10mm. Now to source some steel as the aluminium I thought I had is too short. Might do what slowcouch did and use a riser plate secured to the two existing bolts.
        Please call me Vlad.
        -----------------------
        MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• stevemc181
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • Thornlie/Perth

The job is much easier if you fill the filters with diesel before putting them back on. The system primes much easier if done this way. The first time I did the Donaldson primary filter, I was pumping the primer for ages with no luck, so I removed it and filled it with diesel and it primed no problem.
          If you have any difficulty with the Paj starting, don't keep cranking it over as the fuel pump on the CRD is prone to damage from running dry. Just re-prime the system after checking for any air leaks etc.

I did both my filters on the weekend and it only takes about 10 minutes, Don't over tighten the filter when you put it on, as it will be a bitch to remove the next time. Some coat the filter seal with a bit of oil, I just coat it in diesel.
          2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
          3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• GHendo
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2012
            • Northern NSW

Originally posted by Pilks View Post
            Hi Geoff,

Do you have a second fuel filter already installed on your NP and are planning to change to the Donaldson? I've been searching the forum for another gen 3 (pre-common rail) member that has installed one of these. I'm thinking this is one of those long term insurances for the engine.

Thanks

Tony.
            No Tony, I've got everything ready to go and am waiting until I have to do the next service - which will be very soon. Last time I serviced the vehicle I just didn't have time. It's been one of those "gunna" jobs - gunna do it next time. I've got the bracket all made and painted and the filter etc. is here. I bought some of that flexible braided fuel line so I don't have awkward rubber fuel hose getting in my way.

There are other guys on here with pre-common rail that have installed the secondary filter. I'm not too worried about local fuel, but if I got to do a trip out into the donga it could prove worthwhile.

Cheers

Geoff
            03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Pilks
              • Jun 2014
              • Perth

There are other guys on here with pre-common rail that have installed the secondary filter. I'm not too worried about local fuel, but if I got to do a trip out into the donga it could prove worthwhile.

Cheers

Geoff
              Thanks for the feedback. I'm a bit restricted for space as the aux battery is right where some of the guys have been putting theirs. I'm not planning any remote trips and will be changing over the OEM filter with my oil changes (5k or so)

Smartbar | Pioneer BT/GPS Stereo | General AT LT 265/70/16 | Bonnet Protector | BTA HD Tow Bar | Rhino Sportz Roof Rails | Roof Basket | Sunseeker Awning | Thomas Air Compressor | ARB Dual Battery Kit | 2 Inch West Coast HD Suspension | Reversing Sensors | 22" Light Bar | BD Intercooler Bash Plate and Sump Guard | Boo's Transmission Guard | Roley's Skid Plate | Airtec Snorkel | Bushskinz Sliders | HPD Catch Can

My Pajero Build Page

Comment

• Pilks
                • Jun 2014
                • Perth

Originally posted by vladguan View Post
                Can you move the aux battery to where Slo78u has it?
                http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...16&postcount=3
                No mate - I have a compressor in that corner.....

My Pajero Build Page

Comment

• Rovingman
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2014
                  • Blue mountains

I've got the bracket all made and painted and the filter etc. is here. I bought some of that flexible braided fuel line so I don't have awkward rubber fuel hose getting in my way
                  Geoff
                  Hi Geoff

Any pics of your bracket?
                  What braided fuel line did you use im interested in flexible too?
                  Pajero NT RX 2011
                  Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
                  LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• GHendo
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2012
                    • Northern NSW

Hi Geoff

Any pics of your bracket?
                    What braided fuel line did you use im interested in flexible too?
                    I got mine from Speedflow in Taree, except you can’t buy it directly from them, you have to go to a distributor unless you walk into the Taree shop. There is a crew in Sydney called Motor Sport Connections (tel: 1800 242 910) who can supply it for you. You need to work out how much hose you need and what connections to go on the ends, then when you get it all you have to put the ends on the hose yourself. It’s quite expensive but should do a much neater installation.

I’ll take a pic of the bracket in the morning for you – saw it in the shed this afternoon actually, as I was looking for something else.

Here’s the link for Speedflow ...

Cheers

Geoff
                    03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• vladguan
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2015
                      • Adelaide

I thought about using slowcoach's idea using two bolts and a riser plate but noticed mine, like Hill's have two hex screws screwed into the firewall instead of two protruding bolts. Anyone know if I can simply unscrew these and then screw them back on with the riser plate?
                      Photos:

Hanks,
                      Vlad
                      Please call me Vlad.
                      -----------------------
                      MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• Rovingman
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2014
                        • Blue mountains

I read in a thread yesterday that there is nothing attached behind to those bolts? Cant remember where though
                        Pajero NT RX 2011
                        Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
                        LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• Rovingman
                          Valued Member
                          • Jan 2014
                          • Blue mountains

Vlad
                          Page 1 of this thread.
                          Pajero NT RX 2011

Comment

• vladguan
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2015
                            • Adelaide

Vlad
                            Page 1 of this thread.
                            Lol, yes I remember too. Did not think at the time that these were the bolts been discussed. There has been so much info on the Donaldson filters this week I am getting information overload.

I got a piece of aluminium plate that I will saw to the required size and use those holes to mount new bolts (if existing ones are too short). Now to get some 10mm braided fuel hoses and clamps.
                            Please call me Vlad.
                            -----------------------

Comment

• Rovingman
                              Valued Member
                              • Jan 2014
                              • Blue mountains

Originally posted by vladguan View Post
                              Lol, yes I remember too. Did not think at the time that these were the bolts been discussed. There has been so much info on the Donaldson filters this week I am getting information overload.

I got a piece of aluminium plate that I will saw to the required size and use those holes to mount new bolts (if existing ones are too short). Now to get some 10mm braided fuel hoses and clamps.
                              Overload alright I love it
                              That braided fuel line and clamps are exspensive!! More than the filter.
                              Pajero NT RX 2011

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X