• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LDV60
    • Aug 2009
    • Brisbane

Dirty Weekends D'Aguilar Range

Hi all,
    My wife and I invited some friends to try out the "Tour 9 - D'Aguilar Range" trip from the Dirty weekends book yesterday.
    We all had a great time. The entire track system was open, which was a bit of a surprise given the recent rains and the advice from some others that "all the good tracks" had been closed up.
    We effectively followed the entire track set up from the book with a few small deviations etc.
    Had an excellent time.

Here are some "easy section" pics
    Attached Files
    2010 NT Activ 3.2. White. Non OEM Tow Bar and all the Activ goodies. 55w HIDs. Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards. ScanGuage. Safari Snorkel. Dobinsons Springs and Shocks. 5 watt Handheld UHF.

My other ride: Lexus IS250 X - in Red.
  • LDV60
    • Aug 2009
    • Brisbane

Here are some pics from Medium Sections, including A Track which was open, as was Jacky Creek Road.
    Attached Files
    2010 NT Activ 3.2. White. Non OEM Tow Bar and all the Activ goodies. 55w HIDs. Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards. ScanGuage. Safari Snorkel. Dobinsons Springs and Shocks. 5 watt Handheld UHF.

Comment

• LDV60
      • Aug 2009
      • Brisbane

Finally some "random" pics, from Kluvers Lookout and of our friends who came along with us.
      Attached Files

Comment

• tomlola
        • May 2010
        • Brisbane

Thanks for the report. I was the one who did it a month ago or so and who said it was all closed. Good news to know it's open again. Looks like you had fun. Was it muddy ? What kind of tyres do you have ?
        Last edited by tomlola; 17-06-12, 08:22 PM. Reason: typo
        NP MY05 DiD

Comment

• symo
          • Jan 2012
          • Brisvegas

Nice picts, good to hear it's open, hopefully no more rain until I get a chance to go next month.

Just love the way A-Break looks like a wall at the start.

Comment

• LDV60
            • Aug 2009
            • Brisbane

Nah, it wan't muddy at all. Well hardly. Not more than 3 places where there was any standing water. I think my driveway has more muddiness to it after serious rain.

I have BFG MT rubber on at the moment. I'm of no doubt at all that it could be done on any tyres. In fact as we were about to head up the A break hill a new BT-50 and a nice White Gen 4 VRX in completely stock form came down the hill and had a chat to us. They'd both made it up and down the track with stock HT tyres.

We had such a good time, and are really starting to get even more faith in ourselves, our Paj and the Dirty Weekends Book, that my wife and I are starting to plan another trip up to the Sunny Coast hinterland, that would make 3 trips from the book in only a couple of months.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X