Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 2 Days Ago

Itís super easy to install, I am far from a mechanic or electrical engineer and I installed my own, the instructions are super clear and come with pictures that you can follow. Iím sure you could ask the creator of the automate to email an instruction PDF. I only have a hard copy sorry
Old 2 Days Ago

If your car is still under warranty then why bother with mods that may prevent failure....the engineers at Mitsubishi should have done that ..and if they didnít then they have to make the repairs under warranty. If you make changes, then they can point the finger and say the mods are the cause of the failure.

My thoughts are enjoy the warranty period , you paid for it!
Old 2 Days Ago
Valued Member

What the Mitsubishi engineers should have done is what the Automate now does.

@Dreamerman - seriously simple installations and very easy to follow instructions with pictures.
NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread
Old 2 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
If your car is still under warranty then why bother with mods that may prevent failure....the engineers at Mitsubishi should have done that ..and if they didn’t then they have to make the repairs under warranty. If you make changes, then they can point the finger and say the mods are the cause of the failure.

My thoughts are enjoy the warranty period , you paid for it!
Cars are not made to be completely bullet proof, and they usually won't fail immediately. Warranty is like the Mitsubishi engineers taking a risk. Design it so 95% of the time it will be ok within the warranty period, and other the 5% of drivers who really push their cars to the limits may have problems. Plus of course warranty covers quality issues and design problems.

Here's a real example of why from factory it isn't good enough.
My own NX was purchased from new. In the first 50,000km I destroyed my oil. Black and burnt. This is despite me knowing full well about how the torque converter locked in 4th, always monitoring my trans temps, and knowing how to best keeping the trans temps as low as I possibly could.

Basically, you can't prevent your transmission oil from getting very hot in many circumstances. The factory program only locks up torque converter when cruising.
And once it's hot, it's very hard to cool it down again.

Now, the service schedule has the transmission oil service interval of 190,000km (yes - insane IMO). Under severe conditions, this drops to 90,000km.

Of my first 50,000km in the NX (no auto-mate), 35,000km of it was either towing (2.5t) or hard off-roading like up steep high country hills or sand. Mitsubishi replaced the oil under warranty (well some of it - as they used the drain and refill method).

Now, will my transmission fail during the warranty period...maybe not, but am I potentially doing harm to it...yes.

I'd be one of the 5% users who push their car past normal use the Mitsubishi expects, as do a lot of others who tow heavy loads a lot.

So, I'd rather solve the problem than spin the dice and hope it catastrophically fails during the warranty period.

This is the reason lockup-mate and auto-mate were developed, because I just couldn't keep the temperatures low and I'm fully aware of the problems high temperatures cause.
Locking the torque converter stops the heat being generated in the first place, and saves 10% on your fuel while at it.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | GPS | PLB | Sat-phone | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Build thread here

Checkout my products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate now available to order