Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories

Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories Discussion of after-market extras: winches, bull bars, tow bars (and Towing), roof racks, snorkels, and other cool stuff

Old 5 Days Ago
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC.Barky View Post
I'm a member on a caravan/trailer brand specific group and they get this issue reported a fair bit with the bigger hybrid vans. Usually putting the caravan tyre pressures to some huge figure like 50PSI fixes it for them.
Is this a Pajero specific problem, or does it affect more vehicles?

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
Is this a Pajero specific problem, or does it affect more vehicles?
Multiple vehicles
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

It may not be a solution but many years ago, when we were allowed to drive out of caravan dealers pulling a heavy 18' Viscount van with nothing more than a Falcon wagon, I had severe wobbles until I fitted a WDH and changed the btyres on the van. Initially it only had normal road tyres so it was prone to swaying because the side walls of the tyres weren't stiff enough. I put on some light truck tyres, pumped them up to 50psi, added the hitch and it towed well. Of course, taking the heavy annex off the bed and placing it over the axle on the floor also helped.

Knowing what I know now about vans and weight, I go cold thinking about those days.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.