Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 2 Pajero

Generation 2 Pajero NH - NL Models 1991 - 2000

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Speed-sense cable or connection point NL 1999

Hi

I have purchased a new Kenwood stereo for my NL and for the wireless apple car-play to work correctly it needs a speedo sense cable connected from the stereo ????? does anyone have any wire diagrams or any idea where this runs from to the speedo. Or can I get this from the ECU any help would be helpful.

Regards Anthony
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

the speedo sends a signal to the ecu and to the diagnostics port - but its modified by the speedo (through a reed switch or similar) so if the ecu input works then pin 14 on the OBD2 port will give you access to it otherwise you need to intercept the raw signal prior to the dash cluster (easiest place is at the back of the cluster)

The ecu signal also goes to the auto trans controller so you can probaby intercept it there as well if you have an auto - if you have a manual I am unsure if the loom is dual purpose and has the plug available but the auto ecu is located above the clutch pedal location so even if you have a manual there may be a plug there. the Wire for that would be a yellow one with a white trace

.... and 1990 Nissan Z32 300zx for on road shenanigans
Old 1 Week Ago

Hi speedyantz.

I don't have any experience with Kenwood stereos. But are you telling us you need a speed signal or are you asking?

My recent experience with Sony AV players is that they need to see the handbrake applied to enable the video playback functionality. I presume this is intended to ensure videos can only be played while the car is parked.

Is the handbrake signal enough for your Kenwood unit? Maybe Kenwood only want to allow Bluetooth initial pairing when the car is stopped?
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

I see you are in Perth.... depending on where you are there are a quite a few of us around the city that would be happy to help out, I myself am just north of Kwinana I am happy to help locate the required wires one evening if you want

.... and 1990 Nissan Z32 300zx for on road shenanigans