Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Size of NP skid plate?

Hi guys,

I took of my factory skid plate and left it at the front of my house and someone stole it overnight.

My family and I are doing a small trip on Saturday so there isn’t enough time for me to source down another one. Does anyone have the dimensions of the factory skid plate? I’d go measure the dimensions myself but my car is at my mechanics till Saturday morning. Also does anyone have any tips on fashioning one myself.

I’m thinking about getting an aluminium sheet from Bunnings and drilling some holes for now and purchasing a boo’s brand bash plate. Any tips would be appreciated. The bash plate or inter cooler plate I still have. I just mean the skid plate.

Thanks

Last edited by 4wdbug; 1 Week Ago at 04:17 PM. Reason: .
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wdbug View Post

Im thinking about getting an aluminium sheet from Bunnings and drilling some holes for now and purchasing a boos brand bash plate. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hmmm, do you have the ability to bend the alloy?
Pic for bend references.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUGGA View Post
Hmmm, do you have the ability to bend the alloy?
Pic for bend references.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually have the front bash plate. I am referring to the plate further back. The skid plate or sump guard.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quite possible with some spacers and longer M8 bolts. Just be careful not to get caught up on anything, especially the front lip of the open sump plate. What sort of terrain and conditions are you expecting on your trip? Have you been there before? The front IC plate is the most wanted/practical,

Edit - there was a sump plate for sale on Gumtree in the Brisbane area, didn't take a lot of notice cause I thought you needed a IC plate.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUGGA View Post
Quite possible with some spacers and longer M8 bolts. Just be careful not to get caught up on anything, especially the front lip of the open sump plate. What sort of terrain and conditions are you expecting on your trip? Have you been there before? The front IC plate is the most wanted/practical,

Edit - there was a sump plate for sale on Gumtree in the Brisbane area, didn't take a lot of notice cause I thought you needed a IC plate.
Thankyou. Ill check gumtree now. We are going to rainbow beach camping at teewah for the night.