• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • perrys
    • Jan 2012
    • Wollongong

Squeaky Clutch

Hi people,

I have a PB Challenger 2012 with 151000kms. About 15000kms ago the clutch started to squeak as the pedal is pressed and released. Apart from the annoying noise it seems to work as it always has. I mentioned this to the dealer in the last service and they recommended opening it up minimum $1000. I'm about to head up the Cape in a couple of months time and was wondering is this noise something i should be worried about and is it worth dropping the box out when it could be just some lubrication needed on a linkage somewhere. It still has the original clutch in it so is it likely to have to be replaced soon anyway after 151K.

Thanks in advance
    Challenger LS Manual 2011 MY12 - with some bits and pieces
  • Kingbrown
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2012
    • Port Augusta - SA

See post #20 here, which may be of interest to you:

Seems like it would be worth the effort to try lubing the contact and pivot points of the fork.

I doubt that any lube can be applied to sliding surfaces of the release bearing whilst it's in-situ.
    2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

Originally posted by perrys View Post
      Hi people,

I have a PB Challenger 2012 with 151000kms. About 15000kms ago the clutch started to squeak as the pedal is pressed and released. Apart from the annoying noise it seems to work as it always has. I mentioned this to the dealer in the last service and they recommended opening it up minimum $1000. I'm about to head up the Cape in a couple of months time and was wondering is this noise something i should be worried about and is it worth dropping the box out when it could be just some lubrication needed on a linkage somewhere. It still has the original clutch in it so is it likely to have to be replaced soon anyway after 151K.

Thanks in advance
      I had ours done on warranty the first time (gear box out and they lubed the pivot point)

This time around did it my self .. peeled back the dust cover on the left hand side, had someone pushing clutch pedal in and out whilst I used spray grease around pivot point .. worked a treat... 3 weeks later still no noise ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• perrys
        • Jan 2012
        • Wollongong

Thanks Kingbrown and Littleriver for the replies.

Mine was also the pivot point and somewhere else on the gearbox side a bit harder to get to apparently. For piece of mind I called in at a clutch place on the way to work and they greased it up whilst i kept pressing the clutch pedal in and out. Not sure how long it will last but he assured me it is only a result of dust and moisture and only a minor issue which will not cause a major failure when I am out bush

Cheers
        Challenger LS Manual 2011 MY12 - with some bits and pieces

Comment

• littleriver
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2013
          • Queensland

Originally posted by perrys View Post
          Thanks Kingbrown and Littleriver for the replies.

Mine was also the pivot point and somewhere else on the gearbox side a bit harder to get to apparently. For piece of mind I called in at a clutch place on the way to work and they greased it up whilst i kept pressing the clutch pedal in and out. Not sure how long it will last but he assured me it is only a result of dust and moisture and only a minor issue which will not cause a major failure when I am out bush

Cheers

Good to hear .. enjoy your trip ....

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X