X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wazza430
    • Jul 2015
    • Port Pirie S.A.

It just may possibly be just a bad batch of tyres. It woĆ¹ldnt be the first time and definately wont be the last time ive heard of this.

Now most of you will know how much damage water and sharp rocks can do to a tyre. For those who dont know or havent seen it on youtube, you spray water onto the sidewall of a truck tyre and then grab a butter knife ( yes a blunt knife ) and poke it into the sidewall. Water is tyres worst enemy. Ive seen on this forum about people complaining about tree branches rupturing the tyre sidewall while going through a flooded crossing. Combination of heat,water and a sharp object is enough to cause grief. If I find the link I will put it on here for all to see.
    MY15 GLS NX Pajero, ARB Deluxe bar, AE4705 GME Antenna, Uniden 8060S, SPV EGR block, Donaldsonl fuel filter, Front tinted windows, Monroe shocks, King Springs,HPD catch can, 9" dominator driving lights.

Comment

• Wazza430
      • Jul 2015
      • Port Pirie S.A.

http://https://youtu.be/jbnUqTF04v4
      This isnt the actual video but it goes to show what a spray of water and a sharp object can do to a tyre.
      MY15 GLS NX Pajero, ARB Deluxe bar, AE4705 GME Antenna, Uniden 8060S, SPV EGR block, Donaldsonl fuel filter, Front tinted windows, Monroe shocks, King Springs,HPD catch can, 9" dominator driving lights.

Comment

• TristanNL
        Valued Member
        • May 2013
        • Horsham

Originally posted by TristanNL View Post
        Just had a set of these fitted to the Paj in 265 65 17.
        Will see how they go.

These have been a good buy.
        80,000km on 4 and they are about due for replacement.
        2 flats in that time - stray screws[emoji849]
        Worn evenly.
        Noise was good when new and acceptable now worn.
        I'd like to go 265 70 17 but think I'll stick with the 65 profile - towing and loaded.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
        2013 NW GLXR (MY14) Auto

Comment

• Nab
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2012
          • Perth

Nice work. You getting the same again?
          SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
          NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• Faereag
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2009
            • Aberfoyle Park, SA

Best rubbers I have ever had!
            Regards

Rory

2010 NT DID Auto Platinum. ARB Bar; 12000lb winch; Light-force 240 spotlights; Bushskinz plates; dual battery with upgraded wiring; Diff breathers; ECU re-tune; 3" exhaust Toyo AT11's; Ultra-gauge and OBD11 dongle; Garmin 52LM; Icom UHF; Craig Davies transmission cooler with fan; raised EHD Lovells coils; Mann & Hummel Catch Can; Bilstein B6's; Firestone airbags; Tekonsha P3 controller; towball capacity 300KG; GVM 3110KG. Sunland Patriot SE van with a few other mods.

Comment

• TristanNL
              Valued Member
              • May 2013
              • Horsham

Originally posted by Nab View Post
              Nice work. You getting the same again?
              Yep - 265-65 R17 [emoji106]
              85,000km [emoji106]

2013 NW GLXR (MY14) Auto

Comment

• Nab
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2012
                • Perth

Good choice! I recently got them for my Ranger in the 265/65/17 size, to go to the 70 profile would have cost about $400 more for the set of 5.....
                SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• TristanNL
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2013
                  • Horsham

Originally posted by Nab View Post
                  Good choice! I recently got them for my Ranger in the 265/65/17 size, to go to the 70 profile would have cost about $400 more for the set of 5.....
                  Yep - it is a fair jump! ~$80 more/tyre to go 265/70/17 in the AT2.
                  That also helped me stay with the 65 profile haha

I would have to check - but Tyrepower had BFG KO2s for the same money as the AT2s in 265 70 17.

2013 NW GLXR (MY14) Auto

Comment

• Naviguesser
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2013
                    • Crib Point Vic

Done about 35,000 km on mine now so time for my impressions

I have found them to make the on highway ride harsher than the Bridgestone 697's I had on previously.
                    Tend to flatspot when parked and take a while to run smoothly.
                    Grip on wet bitumen is OK, but not anywhere near the 697's.
                    The treadwear is brilliant. Hard to pick they have done the km
                    MY14 NW GLX-R DiD
                    ARB Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batteries, Tinted Windows, Spare Tyre Lift, Toyo Open Country 2. EGR Block. GME UHF. Illuminator 9" LED Driving Lights.
                    TJM XGS Gold Series Shocks, EFS Coils, Polyairs.
                    Now towing a 19ft regent Caravan

Member of the Cynical Old Bloke Club

Comment

• Ian H
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2015
                      • Melbourne

I've never had or noticed any flat spots on mine.
                      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Ian H
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2015
                        • Melbourne

I've almost done 50k on my Toyos now and I'd say they aren't going to go much further. A lot of that has been towing a Tvan across the country twice so I expect that would wear them quicker.

They are OK for around town but I'll need to change them before heading off again. I was expecting a bit more.
                        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Dunk
                          • Jan 2008
                          • melbourne

Originally posted by Cams View Post
                          I have been uumming and aahhing about new tyres for my NT for a while now. I still have the original Bridgestone HT's and they have done just over 60 000 now. I was just about all set to get the 697's as many have. But in the last few days found something else.

tyres are Toyo Open Country AT II. They are a replacement for the AT. Some sizes have been released already, the LT 265/65/17 will be available early to mid July, I reckon they look pretty good.

Go anywhere, any time with the Open Country A/T II, a true all-terrain tyre that’s surprisingly capable off-road but retains the sealed road ...

Overseas, these have a 50 000 mile (80 000 Km) warranty

No idea on Price but the superseded AT can be got for low to mid 200's

Anyone care to have a look and offer an opinion? I know nothing about AT tyres, my paj was purchased as a tow car, but now sees bush tracks and would like something better stronger than HT.
                          Have Toyo open country on my NW brillant all rounder not over priced getting 80,000 out of them tyre rotation every 10,000k on my second set love em

Comment

• tempestv8
                            • Oct 2007
                            • Melbourne, Australia

Originally posted by Scouter1 View Post
                            When I got back to Sydney I found significant radial sidewall splits near the bead on the two back tyres as per attached photos. The worst one had a continuous split for nearly the entire circumference, the other had a few splits for perhaps 100 degrees arc in total.
                            Sorry to hear of your experience Stephen. Looking thru the older posts on this very same discussion thread, I see that someone else has also experienced this issue two years prior:

I wonder whether this failure has anything to do with the independent rear suspension of the Pajero. Perhaps these tyres might fare better with solid live axles? This question is not meant to question the Pajero's independent rear suspension, but the suitability of this tyre, especially if the rear is heavily laden and the camber change affects the OPATs more than other brands of tyres.

Comment

• Scouter1
                              Valued Member
                              • Mar 2013
                              • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by tempestv8 View Post
                              Sorry to hear of your experience Stephen. Looking thru the older posts on this very same discussion thread, I see that someone else has also experienced this issue two years prior:

I wonder whether this failure has anything to do with the independent rear suspension of the Pajero. Perhaps these tyres might fare better with solid live axles? This question is not meant to question the Pajero's independent rear suspension, but the suitability of this tyre, especially if the rear is heavily laden and the camber change affects the OPATs more than other brands of tyres.
                              This did come up in discussions with the Toyo rep during the replacement process. I had a full load but run HD springs all round so there wasn't too much excess camber angle during the trip. Replacement tyres have had a number of off road weekend trips with no issue to date but this was nowhere near the hammering the originals took on the Simpson trip.

I am rotating my way through the set of six but will probably consider other brands when replacing them prior to next big trip.

Cheers,
                              Stephen
                              2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• na1291
                                • Oct 2018
                                • Sydney

I had the Toyo Open Country MTs on my NH Pajero and they did not make a sound at all.. very quiet for a MT tyre with fuel economy that was on par with 8 year old Bridgestone Duelers that were on their last legs PLUS their grip in the mud / sand was wicked.

MAJOR props to Toyo for the Open Country line!!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X