Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Pa Challenger - Steering column rattle - Anyone solved it??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pumpkin
    • Jan 2016
    • Blackmans Bay, Tasmania

Pa Challenger - Steering column rattle - Anyone solved it??

Hi, Im new to the site and love it already, great advice and good tips everywhere but...

Has anyone actually solved/fixed the steering column rattle in the PA Challenger, which by all accounts is a very common problem?

As I drive along , the rattle starts, sounding like it is coming from within the first 30cm of the steering column, level with the indicator arm etc. When I push the steering wheel slightly up or down, the rattle stops. It is a "tiny" rattle, like the bloke on the Supercheap add with the earrings in the ashtray type rattle. (I feel his pain!)

I've checked all the mounting points, the height adjuster etc to no avail. It is starting to do my head in as it seems to be getting worse!

Is this a bearing issue or something similar that can be replaced or is it something I have to put up with or get a new steering column? (I don't want to have to do that!)

Since I have done the wheel bearings, greased the "joints" and replaced the worn rubber bushes, this is the only noise left!

Can anyone help??

Matched content

Collapse
Working...
X