Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 1 Pajero

Generation 1 Pajero NA - NG Models 1983 - 1991

Old 08-01-16

not sure if midas will correct camber, its around $15-25 for the camber plates, i think they have a 1mm and 2mm shimm. Give em a buzz to confirm if they will.

I got mine from the diy wreckers (gen2 are the same shimms)
Old 08-01-16
Valued Member

Not sure id bother replacing the torsion bars unless yours are completely shagged or you are running a steel bar and winch. I have an alloy bar and cranked the standard torsion bars about 13 years ago. Havent looked like sagging since. Ive done about 100k in that time (Paj has 277k now). Im also running OME shocks and the front end is still nice and stiff.
1974 Viscount Valiant Caravan
Old 10-01-16

hi guys, I have recently purchased a SWB 89 Pajero (see image), love it but the suspension is jolty and creaky.
2016-01-10 19.05.56.jpg
2016-01-10 19.11.14.jpg

I'm looking at IRONMAN shocks and coils (40mm) with a torsion wind to level it out.

But looking at the upper bump stop it is so close already, probably explains the rough ride. It looks like my only option is to cut them or remove them to get the lift?
2016-01-10 19.06.36.jpg

Any thoughts or recommendations?
Old 11-01-16

my driver side has sagged significantly greater than the other.
Must be my weight or these pedders sportryde shocks

I have a 2" ironman lift on my 80 series for a laugh and found them to perform fairly well on and off road, would recommend unless they have bumped up the prices (paid around 850 for the kit - 4 springs and 4shocks, diy install)

Also I cut my bump stops, not sure if they sell kits for them
Old 16-01-16

Default Arrived

Good news, kit arrived today. Got the longer torsion bars in the end, I guess i'll have to wait and see if they are the right length 'fingers crossed'. Im going to get midas to do it, hopefully it doesnt take them more than 5 hours. I like the colour of these Lovells, shame they are pretty well going to be hidden. Shocks/struts are a nice white.

I will keep this thread updated with pics and a review.

Side note; ordered an egr removal kit, diff breather kit, contemplating making an airbox out of pvc and use a high flow pod filter. And lastly. Pulling the injectors to get them rebuilt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (43.9 KB, 6 views)
-jero- 1990 SWB NG TDi import, 33'' BFG KM2 muddies on 15x8 'sunnies', steel winch bar, custom rock sliders, Steel roof rack, Domin8r 12,000lb winch, 2.5" straight through exhaust, Allisport TM intercooler, Boost Tee, EGR delete, 22' LED bar, GME UHF + GME antenna, high gain fm/am antenna, duel batteries, 2in lift - Lovells springs and Gabriel shocks/struts + tough dog torsion bars, snorkel, catch can, diff breathers, VDO boost, oil pressure & EGT gauges, fusion speakers, more to come...
Old 28-01-16

Default Done

Well...
I got the lift put in, wrong f***n torsions bars after all that. They charged me $480 which i think is really steep, anyways. So I will have to put it in AGAIN to get the torsions bars replaced. Fml.

Anywho..
It looks pretty good, however they lifted the front all tye way up to the droop stops. When i lift a front corner by hand there is nearly no give before all the weight is on the stop.

I have read about cutting stops etc. but im unsure weather the extra droop will put too much stress on the cv. So maybe when I get around to sending the swapping the bars, i might ask em to wind em back down to give a little more space in there.

The front came up 50mm and the rear 75!! My guess is the old springs had sagged 25mm over the 26or so years. Therefore the 2in lift was in fact 3in from where I was at. I dont really mind if the front sits a little lower!? I have heard of this ball joint flip, if anyone has done this, could you comment on if it is worth it? Ie gen2 uca's etc. i will be replacing the ball joints sooner or later as the boots are worn, i just jeep up the grease.

Pics to come guys. Cheers
-jero- 1990 SWB NG TDi import, 33'' BFG KM2 muddies on 15x8 'sunnies', steel winch bar, custom rock sliders, Steel roof rack, Domin8r 12,000lb winch, 2.5" straight through exhaust, Allisport TM intercooler, Boost Tee, EGR delete, 22' LED bar, GME UHF + GME antenna, high gain fm/am antenna, duel batteries, 2in lift - Lovells springs and Gabriel shocks/struts + tough dog torsion bars, snorkel, catch can, diff breathers, VDO boost, oil pressure & EGT gauges, fusion speakers, more to come...
Old 30-01-16

I wound mine up to the droop stops then cut them in half and haven't had a problem, I don't think the cv's are on too bad of an angle after the lift
1983 NA SWB with a 4d56t, running 14psi through a custom water to air intercooler, 2.5in turbo back exhaust, Kinugawa adjustable wastegate, Boost and EGT gauges, Snorkel, Provent Catch Can, Manual Hub conversion, 40mm EFS lift, ARB Bullbar, Aluminium roof rack, awning, 31'' BF-G KO2's on 15x8 -23 steelies, Factory Flares, 41" light bar on the roof, lightforce strikers up front, and a set of much needed cup holders
Old 01-02-16

That's unfortunate about the torsion bars.

Give the springs a few months and they should sag down abit
Old 17-01-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza87 View Post
I have decided next up will be a lift for swb.
Hey mate, I'm going to be installing front shocks myself next week on my NG swb (EFS elite, standard).. did you do yours yourself? Can you remember if the holding nuts are 17mm? I believe the torsion bar adjustments are 17mm.. hoping these are the same, as I'm going to get a ratchet spanner.

Kizza

Edit (for sharing knowledge) - I've been told the top nuts are 12mm, bottom 17.. perhaps re-edit once complete.

Last edited by MMC89TD2.5; 21-01-19 at 08:51 AM.