Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Bullbar fitment to MY19 Pajero

Hi All

I'm about to fit an MCC Falcon bar (707-02, 3 hoop) to my new Paj.
The instructions (photocopied and pretty ordinary!) show the fitment to a 2015 model, which has a different front bumper style.
I was wondering if anyone had any experience of fitting (any) bull bar to the latest model?
I know there will be some bumper cutting involved, but there are two chrome finish strips that run either side of the grille down the front of the bumper, which I'm a bit concerned about cutting correctly. The instructions don't really do a good job of showing where to cut (probably the most critical bit of the fitment!).
I've attached a pic to show what I mean.
Would appreciate any thoughts / comments!

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg InkedPaj_LI_sml.jpg (64.9 KB, 71 views)
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassiepomme View Post
Hi All

I'm about to fit an MCC Falcon bar (707-02, 3 hoop) to my new Paj.
The instructions (photocopied and pretty ordinary!) show the fitment to a 2015 model, which has a different front bumper style.
I was wondering if anyone had any experience of fitting (any) bull bar to the latest model?
I know there will be some bumper cutting involved, but there are two chrome finish strips that run either side of the grille down the front of the bumper, which I'm a bit concerned about cutting correctly. The instructions don't really do a good job of showing where to cut (probably the most critical bit of the fitment!).
I've attached a pic to show what I mean.
Would appreciate any thoughts / comments!

Cheers
I can't help at all with the query mate, but would love to know the end result i've been considering doing the same thing.
FWIW those chrome strips are plastic on my 2016 model i found a website somewhere where you could buy replacements i could probably dig it up.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy49 View Post
I can't help at all with the query mate, but would love to know the end result i've been considering doing the same thing.
FWIW those chrome strips are plastic on my 2016 model i found a website somewhere where you could buy replacements i could probably dig it up.
No worries - I'll probably tackle it next weekend so will put up a post-install report with some pics for anyone else looking to fit a bar onto the current model.

The MCC bar is unpacked (it was VERY well packaged! - took about 45 mins to unwrap...) and looks good. The only thing I did notice is the lack of edging strip for the bumper (to hide the cut edges). I recall seeing someone else's post regarding the MCC bars noting something similar.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Rather than use a pinch weld strip to cover the rough cut edge, just cut neatly and sand the face of the cut edge smooth. I did this 7 years ago when I fitted my bar, and I have not had to worry about pinch weld strip chaffing, falling off or looking daggy!

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 1 Week Ago

Love your posts OJ - let's bring back the word "daggy" - so very descriptive - classic Aussie stuff - but the true meaning may be lost on the youngsters ??

Last edited by Jayctee; 1 Week Ago at 07:07 PM.
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
Rather than use a pinch weld strip to cover the rough cut edge, just cut neatly and sand the face of the cut edge smooth. I did this 7 years ago when I fitted my bar, and I have not had to worry about pinch weld strip chaffing, falling off or looking daggy!

OJ.
So, I fitted the bar at the weekend - the worst part was cutting the existing bumper, which was a real PITA and felt wrong somehow taking a grinder to a brand new car! I've attached a few pics to show the fitment, although I didn't take any of the bumper cutting as I was too stressed to stop to take pics...!
I'm happy with the final install, although I did end up using the pinch weld strip to cover up my 'handiwork'...!

The only thing I would say is that the MCC instructions were pretty ordinary (I ended up getting a pdf sent as the supplied photocopy was too feint to read) and the instructions for cutting the bumper out of date (and pretty vague even if fitting to an older model). The guys at MCC were helpful though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVIMG_20190713_115714 resized.jpg (51.1 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190713_112413 resized.jpg (41.5 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg InkedMVIMG_20190716_075110 resized_LI.jpg (45.9 KB, 59 views)