• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

True Camping

Here is one for all of us. You like to fair dinkum camp? Have a property that can be camped on? This one will get you into the right spot.

As our motto suggests, we link Real Campers with Real Campsites. If you have a real campsite we want to hear from you!
    We believe the ultimate True Camping experience is diminishing fast. Natural bush, rural and coastal settings are being replaced with the regulated uniformity of busy caravan and tourist parks.
    True Campers are becoming increasingly frustrated with the unnatural camping conditions on offer. No longer content hearing fellow campers snoring and smelling their breakfast, True Campers are now searching for an alternative.
    Truecamping.com.au was designed as an information portal to assist the Australian camping community with campsite solutions.
    As an electronic consultant, we will strive to expand our services to include choices for every consumer.
    A broad selection of credible Camp Site Owners that pride themselves on offering a real camping experience "Linking Real Campers with Real Campsites"
    If you have a property that is suitable for a True Camping experience, you need to be on our site.

Check out their website now for all the details.
    http://truecamping.com.au/
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • Bing
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2009
    • Currently QLD

I like the concept. Thanks for the Heads Up.

2010 Platinum LE. Cool Silver, Auto, DiD, MM Rear Difflock. HD MM Tow bar and Lift Kit. Buzz Racks.

Comment

• GOSSAMER
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2008
      • doncaster east vic

here's my fav camping spot (just left there 3 days ago), the river is mainly waist deep at the deepest so good for the kids but im not sure i want to share its location as we had the whole place to ourselves
      Attached Files
      Back from the Dark side
      NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• Pickle
        Administrator
        • Jun 2007
        • All over Oz

Originally posted by jasonw View Post
        here's my fav camping spot (just left there 3 days ago), the river is mainly waist deep at the deepest so good for the kids but im not sure i want to share its location as we had the whole place to ourselves
        Cmon Jason "Spit"
        Dave
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• GOSSAMER
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2008
          • doncaster east vic

pickle since you gave me such a grumpy face ill disclose (there's trout in dat river too)
          Back from the Dark side
          NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• grasshopper
            • Oct 2007
            • Goodna area, Qld

If this is a "real camping" site, why are there listings for commercial venues with all boxes ticked? Powered sites, showers and most mod cons... seems to be defeating the purpose.
            grasshopper
            Sold by EX - 96 NJ GLS LWB 3.5ltr DOHC. My time here is now limited...

Comment

• adrian
              • Oct 2011
              • Australia

Expedition National Park entry north of Taroom. Basic amenities toilet and tank water. And lots of peace and quiet and wildlife. We spent a week there and didn't see anyone else. There are some nature walks sign posted. You need to take everything you need as its a long way to the corner shop
              Should have mentioned good 4 wheeling as well

Adrian
              Last edited by adrian; 10-11-11, 02:24 PM.
              Adventure before Dementia
              Money pit #1 2000 NM 3.5lt Auto, HID spotlight conversion.
              Money pit #2 2001 Holden Jackaroo

Comment

• PersonalChallenge
                • Feb 2016
                • Lake Macquarie

Looks like that website has disappeared. They also had a Facebook page which hasn't been updated since 2014
                Max

PC Challenger MY15 Auto
                HR tow bar otherwise stock standard. For now.

Comment

• rmonson
                  • May 2008
                  • country Victoria

maybe superseded by https://www.youcamp.com/???
                  NW MY 14 VRX, Lovells / Koni HD 40mm lift, LRA 58 litre aux tank, Bushskinz x4 and side steps, TowPro, Redarc BCDC 1225, Optima Blue top aux battery on ARB tray, Tanami side by slide drawers, MMA tow bar, ARB deluxe bull bar, Runva 1200EWX winch, GME 4500s, 90 watt 150mm LED spot / flood combo, Airtec snorkel, RAM iPad mount (and iPad running Memory Maps - Hema and Tom Tom), Projecta dual battery monitor, ScanGuageII, ARB compressor

Comment

• Mundy55
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2015
                    • Gold Coast

Is there any continuing point to this sticky? As noted over a year ago the website has disappeared and now you get a "forbidden error" message.
                    If there is an interest, perhaps this should change to a member list of their favourite sites. However, I suspect people like to keep locatioins of their favourites sites to themselves.

Comment

• Ian H
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2015
                      • Melbourne

I use wiki camps. Great app with all the info you need.
                      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• lindahaynes
                        • Mar 2021
                        • Australia

website disappeared
                        Regards,
                        Linda Haynes!
                        Kathmandu Promo Code

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...