• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gorby
    • May 2011
    • Northern Beaches, Sydney

Gorby's Shorty

I've been on here for a little while, generally causing a nuisance for Dave, and through work I've been trying to get the image of Pajero out into the general public's view of an off road machine. It's slowly happening.

So after looking at everyone else's trucks I thought it was probably time to show you mine. It's pretty standard at the moment, but there are a few plans as funds allow. Biggest additions to date are the new tyres and winch which will hopefully go on by the end of the weekend.

When I first got it. Clean and shiney

Specs:
    2007 NS SWB
    3.2 DID Auto
    Mods So far:
    LRA 65l fuel tank
    Polybags in rear suspension
    Uprated springs with standard shocks
    ARB deluxe bar up front

That's how it was when I brought it.
    I've so far added a UHF, and 275/65R18LT Falken Wildpeak AT tyres all round. Spare is Cooper ATR in the same size, I also have a Winch to go on this weekend, work permitting.

During my first trip out. A bit dirty now.

Nice and clean again at Wiseman's Ferry.

Plans:

First off will be a snorkel and new suspension, I'll probably get an airtek snorkel, and TJM or OME suspension, unsure which yet, but wan to make the ride fairly soft so off road performance isn't compromised too much. Then I'll get some underbody protection organised. Will probably go with bushskinz as Keiron has a good rep on here.

Then I think I'll look at some sort of storage for the back, I think I'll make it so it can be removed easily when the back seats are needed. Other than that not much else, probably get an awning put on at some point. And the missus has promised me some spotties for my birthday.

Out playing at the weekend

Glad I've got new tyres on

Andy
    Back in a Mitsi
    2014 PC Challenger

LastXplorer.com

NS SWB X DiD
    Gone but not forgotten
    http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=19115
  • 72yellow
    • Jul 2007
    • ADL

Looks great Andy
    Colour coded bar in your colour looks the goods

The Falken tyres - are they local supply / how do you find them?

Cheers
    DB
    NX Exceed

Comment

• onallfour
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2010
      • Camden, Sydney

well done Andy.
      surely there will be more mods than the ones listed to go on the car?? i think the mod process has no end.
      Cool Silver 09 VRX, tinted glass all around, 2 inch HD lovells, bilsteins, poly airbags, Airtek snorkel, dual battery, ARB deluxe winch bar, Lightforce 240's, Warn winch, Bushskinz full bash plates, UHF, scangauge, Bogaard turbo timer, towbar, 65 ltr brown davis fuel tank, on board ARB compressor + outlets, 50A anderson on towbar, rear diff lock-traction control modification, diff breathers, in-dash battery voltmeters, EGR blank, hacked navman, Cooper AT3's, Stebel horns.

Comment

• MSF
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2009
        • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Looks great Andy

Comment

• gorby
          • May 2011

Originally posted by onallfour View Post
          well done Andy.
          surely there will be more mods than the ones listed to go on the car?? i think the mod process has no end.
          They'll probably be a dual battery set up going in at some point. There might be some other bits as well at some point. Probably a chip and DPF bypass.

Other than what I've listed it really don't need much else. I want to make it a good reliable tourer. That can do a bit of rough stuff every now and again too. I do have a rough plan in my head as to what I want it to look like and be like, but as you say once you start it's hard to stop.
          Andy
          Back in a Mitsi
          2014 PC Challenger

LastXplorer.com

NS SWB X DiD
          Gone but not forgotten

Comment

• Cam2008
            • Jan 2011
            • Sydney

Looking great Andy, cant wait until our day trip next weekend.

Regards

Cam
            2008 PAJERO 3.2 GLX WITH POLICE PACK,
            2 inch lift, Bilsteins and King Springs, Poly Airbags, Steinbauer Chip, Smart Bar with Warn XD9000 Winch, 3 inch exhaust, Piranha dual battery system, Diff Breathers, Custom Rear drawer system and fridge slide, Side Steps, Airtek Snorkel, Narva 175 Blue Spot Lights, ARB Awning, Cooper AT3 Tyres & 4 DBA T3 Slotted Rotors, full LED's throughout, Reverse camera, Alloy Rack, 120W 20 inch LED Light Bar.

2016, MDC Jackso Rear Fold Trailer in Tow

Comment

• gorby
              • May 2011

Originally posted by 72yellow View Post
              Looks great Andy
              Colour coded bar in your colour looks the goods

The Falken tyres - are they local supply / how do you find them?

Cheers
              DB
              Cheers DB. The tyres are imported from the US. They worked out at about $350 a corner shipped and fitted.
              Andy
              Back in a Mitsi
              2014 PC Challenger

LastXplorer.com

NS SWB X DiD
              Gone but not forgotten

Comment

• gorby
                • May 2011

Today's update:

I got one of the Aldi Winches the other week, and hadn't had chance to fit it till now. Well I can say it works. Although it was a bit of a pain to fit due to the mounts on the ARB bar. But other than that all good.

Andy
                Back in a Mitsi
                2014 PC Challenger

LastXplorer.com

NS SWB X DiD
                Gone but not forgotten

Comment

• Wiseowl
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2009
                  • Brisbane

Originally posted by gorby View Post
                  Today's update:

I got one of the Aldi Winches the other week, and hadn't had chance to fit it till now. Well I can say it works. Although it was a bit of a pain to fit due to the mounts on the ARB bar. But other than that all good.

Hi All

Nice shorty you have there. Love the color and the front bar well done.

Cheers
                  Kev
                  Formerly 1998 NL Pajero Sold*******
                  2007 BF MK11 302 BOSS GT VK4LQ

Comment

• scorpion 42
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2011
                    • London. uk

Gorby's Shorty out in anger

Today's update:

Just thought I would point out to you, now that you are taking that nice newie LOL shinie off road, that do yourself a favour and get those stupid side steps ripped off it and get some armour plated rock sliders fabricated to go under those nice shinny sills and door bottoms to give them some real protection, my ones, with two trolley jacks I can lift the whole truck up of the deck, with no regrets or cares and the whole underneath is armour plated too, to protect all that I think needed protecting, but there you go Gorby, time, money and facilities is no problem for me, not boasting or bragging, just stateing a fact, so here's a couple of piccies of the thing, at a meeting where mud was not allowed, so had to get one of my opratives to practically sand blast all the mud off it for this meeting, but there you go, if possible and funds do allow, you should be doing like wise, for your own trucks and your pockets protection
                    Attached Files

Comment

• TheTaipan
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2009
                      • sydney

"Just thought I would point out to you, now that you are taking that nice newie LOL shinie off road, that do yourself a favour and get those stupid side steps ripped off it and get some armour plated rock sliders fabricated to go under those nice shinny sills and door bottoms to give them some real protection, my ones, with two trolley jacks I can lift the whole truck up of the deck, with no regrets or cares and the whole underneath is armour plated too, to protect all that I think needed protecting, but there you go Gorby, time, money and facilities is no problem for me, not boasting or bragging, just stateing a fact, so here's a couple of piccies of the thing, at a meeting where mud was not allowed, so had to get one of my opratives to practically sand blast all the mud off it for this meeting, but there you go, if possible and funds do allow, you should be doing like wise, for your own trucks and your pockets protection "

Scorpion I find your arrogance breathtaking.

Armour plated?????????????

We don't have WW11 unexploded ordnances lying around in Oz.

BTW I routinely thank my long lost relatives for committing crimes way back in the 1800's and being transported to Australia. Yep they were smart.

Sunshine, surf, REAL beaches, the weather, the wildlife, open space, great 4 X 4 tracks, did I mention the weather?

Oh it's great to be an Aussie.
                      Last edited by TheTaipan; 11-09-11, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• MSF
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2009
                        • Sydney, Northern Beaches

LOL @ above...

Looks great Andy - I like the compact roller fairlead on XS winch....

Comment

• gorby
                          • May 2011

My shorty looks a bit battered at the moment after the weekend

Hopefully it'll be back to it's best in a weeks time.
                          Andy
                          Back in a Mitsi
                          2014 PC Challenger

LastXplorer.com

NS SWB X DiD
                          Gone but not forgotten

Comment

• Jords
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2011
                            • Kellyville Ridge

My shorty looks a bit battered at the moment after the weekend

Hopefully it'll be back to it's best in a weeks time.
                            LOL at least you battered yours the right way acctually going off road with it. I battered mine in a carpark by not putting in park and not properly engaging the handbrake!
                            2007 NS VRX Cool Siver, Mitsu Alloy BB with spotties, MM towbar, Family Pack, ARB Awning, Duel battery with Optima yellow top starter, Bushskinz intercooler and sump combo, 2" lift with Bilstein shocks and HD Lovels, Ultragauge (Sold 2014)

Comment

• gorby
                              • May 2011

Damage report, need new crush cans for the bar and have a slight leak in one of the fuel rail injector pipes. We've tightened it up so hopefully that should be it.

Have ordered snorkel and sump guard this morning. So hopefully no more water moments.
                              Andy
                              Back in a Mitsi
                              2014 PC Challenger

LastXplorer.com

NS SWB X DiD
                              Gone but not forgotten

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X