X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brendan93
    • Dec 2012
    • Boronia Heights, QLD

Unfortunately there hasn't been any progress with anything here. Money has been scarce..

The person who I was gonna get to do the rear axle seal (not sure if I'd mentioned on here) decided he doesn't want to do that, so I've spoken to my Dads mechanic about getting it done.

I also need to replace the belts and the rocker cover and maybe the cam shaft seal as there is a bit of oil leaking around that area.

There is a bit of blow by - I've been told by a few people on facebook (LordMayhem/Jamie and pauly herhaps??) that it may be a thing under the rocker cover that needs cleaning up that could be causing it.

Just curious - My brother said they pulled the hose off the turbo and found oil in there on the intake side (I believe) - Would this be indicative of the aforementioned blow by, and if so is it detrimental?

Gotta take it down to the auto electrician because I'm lost... after dad installed my new lights the headlight he has wired in to does not work on low beam... have changed the bulb as originally did not put 2+2 together... (new installation.. sudden break) but the same bulb works on high beam.... but I figure I'll get my reverse switch on the gearbox fixed at the same time... possibly the transfer case switch looked at too.

Let's hope I can bring myself to cleaning up my commodore and selling it... or finding a new job where I can afford to keep both!
    92 NH Pajero - 2.5 Turbo Diesel. Drum & Leaf Rear.

Comment

• Brendan93
      • Dec 2012
      • Boronia Heights, QLD

Some more pics - Got stuck down in my back yard. Was messing around and drove into a mud hole thing with one of my front tyres which lifted a rear off the ground... patrol recovery ensued.

Comment

• Brendan93
        • Dec 2012
        • Boronia Heights, QLD

If there is any silver lining to the above, my brother went down there in his lifted 4runner (which has the front drive shaft out, so it's only 2wd..) which he claims is the bees knees and can beat mine even with only RWD and got stuck twice in the little ruts before where I got stuck haha.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

a vid of me screwing around in a bit of mud
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        Last edited by Brendan93; 13-05-13, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Brendan93
          • Dec 2012
          • Boronia Heights, QLD

Finally sold the commodore - first order of business was some new tyres. I had H/T on the front and one Kumho A/T on one side and a bald H/T on the other side in the rear. I picked up some Achilles Desert Hawk A/T's (31")

Also bought a snorkel on eBay for $120, hopefully will fit that soon enough.

Just got the Rear axel seal and rear brakes done - I think, depending on how much my tax return is, I'll pick up a lift kit next. It's a shame I've got leaf rear and not coils... seems so cheap and easy to lift coil rears :\

Comment

• Brendan93
            • Dec 2012
            • Boronia Heights, QLD

Progress at last! Got my snorkel the other week and some guys from the facebook group and I put it on today.

Comment

• Brendan93
              • Dec 2012
              • Boronia Heights, QLD

The mods are rolling in now!

Just bought a rear diff off Bogger with a factory locker in it. Very keen to say the least.

Can't wait to go get it and get it in!

Next will be a lift kit and I reckon i'll be satisfied for a while.

Comment

• Brendan93
                • Dec 2012
                • Boronia Heights, QLD

Originally posted by Brendan93 View Post
                The mods are rolling in now!

Just bought a rear diff off Bogger with a factory locker in it. Very keen to say the least.

Can't wait to go get it and get it in!

Next will be a lift kit and I reckon i'll be satisfied for a while.
                So with all the leaks and everything, I feel like if I do it bit by bit it's just never going to end.

In a few weeks i'll be putting it in to get partially rebuilt - engine out, all gaskets and seals done, The Harmonic Balancer/Crank Keyway is buggered and has been bodgied up, so going to get that repaired properly. The piston rings will be done too.

Also getting the throwout bearing done as well as the gearbox seals etc.

This should make it a more reliable for a while (hopefully until I've paid it off at the very least).

The lift kit will have to wait a while now haha. I was thinking of getting extended shackles but they're not legal so I'll probably just wait till I get the money together for the full kit.

Comment

• P-E-T-E-
                  • Sep 2012
                  • Margate, TAS

Starting to look the goods brendan!
                  -gotta hammertone that front bar for sure!
                  1999 NL WIDEBODY GLS TDI EXCEED

Comment

• Brendan93
                    • Dec 2012
                    • Boronia Heights, QLD

Picture from today after the car wash.

Also discovered the other day that I require another transfer case :\

Transfer Chain is slipping.

Also, I ended up getting the engine reconditioned. Cost me a little over $3,000. Wasn't a full rebuild - had the crank repaired as it had previously been dodgied, new rings put in, plus all seals done.

Definitely can feel a power difference and it doesn't leave spots on the driveway anymore.

Comment

• Brendan93
                      • Dec 2012
                      • Boronia Heights, QLD

Been a while since I've posted on here. A few weeks ago a Kangaroo was hit, causing a bit of damage.

Just got it back from the Smash repairers today.

before and after:

Comment

• kreyzgym
                        • Mar 2012
                        • Melbourne

Love it! Where'd they get the bullbar from?
                        1989 NG single cab ute. 33" Federals, ARB bar & completely incomplete

Comment

• Brendan93
                          • Dec 2012
                          • Boronia Heights, QLD

Originally posted by kreyzgym View Post
                          Love it! Where'd they get the bullbar from?
                          Not sure - all they told me was that they'd found another bullbar that was a more modern style.

Just put on the facebook group sticker to match my forum sticker!

Last edited by Brendan93; 25-05-15, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X