• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • supazuk
    • Jun 2014
    • Katherine

Quick kakadu trip

I knocked of work early yesterday and decided to go for a fish at mardigal and yellow water billabongs.

Car went very well, just need a bigger fuel tank

Mardigal billabong

Caught a nice toga on the second cast, easily my favourite sports fish

Fished yellow water today. Only caught a handful of barra as the water was very hot, 32 deg, tends to slow them down a bit.

It's a great place to boat around in but just have to remember the geckos

Hopefully I will be able to get back there next weekend as I think the fish are going to get pretty hungry as the wet gets closer
    2014 PC Challenger, TJM winch bar, RUNVA 9500 winch, MMA tow bar, $0.09 EGR resister mod, 114L fuel tank, narva 225 HID driving lights, scan gauge 2, uniden UHF, TAIT VHF, TJM battery tray, bush skins , dobinsons lift and plenty more to still do
  • Bogger
    Unregistered as asked
    • May 2011

Your in a very nice part of the world ................ lucky man

Comment

• Alex86
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Here and there

Nice spot!

Crocs scare me tho....
      I know sharks are in the ocean but I still jump in there, but crocs, no!
      '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
      Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• Kirkster72
        • Sep 2013
        • Sydney

[QUOTE=supazuk;397217]I knocked of work early yesterday and decided to go for a fish at mardigal and yellow water billabongs.

Car went very well, just need a bigger fuel tank

Great pics & I hear you about a bigger fuel tank!
        2008 nt gls 3.2 smartbar, runva ewx9500 winch, airtech snorkel, ironman / ome combo lift, smartbar, 75watt hid's, lightbar, dual battery, rear worklight, bashplates, catch can 65ltr waeco, 18ltr engel, ors draws/fridge slide, 58ltr lra aux tank ,blah blah blah!

Comment

• supazuk
          • Jun 2014
          • Katherine

Went for another quick fish yesterday. Plan was to fish the mouth of sanpan
          and tommycut creeks at shady camp, unfortunately I didn't time it very well and
          when we got to the dodgy ramp there was no water to float the boat. In hind
          site it was prob just as well as the next high mightn't have pushed up enough
          water to get the boat out anyway.

Ended up going to Darwin harbour, caught a few rats but nothing worth bragging about.

Car now does a easy 700km @ 130kph when towing. Loving the new fuel tank.
          Drove 950km and fished for 6 hours. Very happy with the challenger.

2014 PC Challenger, TJM winch bar, RUNVA 9500 winch, MMA tow bar, $0.09 EGR resister mod, 114L fuel tank, narva 225 HID driving lights, scan gauge 2, uniden UHF, TAIT VHF, TJM battery tray, bush skins , dobinsons lift and plenty more to still do

Comment

• tomwithannl
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2010
            • Maria Coast Tasmania.

Great to hear the Challengers do well up there.

[QUOTE=supazuk;409921] there was no water to float the boat. In hind
            site it was prob just as well as the next high mightn't have pushed up enough water to get the boat out anyway. QUOTE]

That brings back memories.
            I lived in Darwin for 18years and went fishing at least once a week and the funniest thing I have ever heard was because of that problem.
            Three mates went fishing at South Alligator in their old Toyota hj45 ute with bar tread tyres and pig shooting cage on back and the 12ft tinny on the racks. After a full day fishing (and drinking) they got back to the bridge at low tide and the only way to get the boat up the bank was to drag it up with a rope. As they were pulling it up it started bucketing down so they decided to wait it out in the ute. Half an hour later (and another couple of cans) it's still raining so they decide to head to the pub a few ks south. Now three drunks in an old ute doing 100km/h with a tinny being dragged 20mtrs behind on the end of a rope made a mighty impressive sight!! When they got to the pub the boat had about 40mm lost from the bottom and the outboard which had bounced from the lock position had broken the skeg right off and had ground through part of the prop.
            The funniest thing was that they thought it was the most hilarious thing in the world.
            Unfortunately this was well before digital cameras and mobile phones so there were no pics, but there may be someone out there who remembers it?
            It would have been late January 1981.

Tom
            1998 NL GLS 3.5 Auto. Bocar alloy bar with 13000lb I-Max winch & engine watchdog.
            1953 Morris Minor ute
            1990 Nissan Scargo van (The SNAIL)
            2005 Mercedes ML350 Special Edition 4Matic

Comment

• supazuk
              • Jun 2014
              • Katherine

I lived at Elcho for a few years and often watched the local Rangers push their
              boat into the water by raming it into the water with a land cruiser. Very funny to watch.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X