• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twisted32
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

SA Jakem Farm 21st May

Well it has been a while (12 months in fact), so a few of us have decided to do a day trip to Jakem Farm, and see who else we can meet.

Plan is to meet at Bunning Mt Barker at 8:30, and then proceed out to Jakem. Cost is $50/ vehicle

Jakem Farm recommend all vehicles have Sand Flags fitted. There should be mud, hills and plenty of fun for all.

BYO lunch

To speed up registration, you can do the induction online @ http://www.jakemfarm.com.au/on-line-induction

So, who is keen?

Disclaimer

"Subject to any insurance cover organised by the Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria ["the Club"], the Club accepts no liability for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property arising directly or indirectly from attending any trips advertised on this web-site. Forum members and other accompanying persons undertaking these trips do so at their own risk and should make their own enquiries as to any insurance cover. Trip participants acknowledge that in the event of inappropriate behaviour, the designated Trip Leader is entitled to ask the offending person or persons to leave. It is acknowledged by Forum members and other trip participants that the Pajero 4WD Club & the Pajero Club Public Forum web-site provides a forum for trips as a community service, and, whilst every care is taken by the Trip Leader, is not intended to convey any responsibility for the trips themselves on the part of the Club"
    MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Can't let you go alone.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• XXXceed
      • Oct 2013
      • Adelaide

Hi guys, would be keen to give this a go, haven't been out with the group for a long time and interested to see how the old girl goes from the last time I was there !
      Could you please put me as a maybe and I will confirm later in the week
      Cheers
      2004 NP exceed DI-D: Bilstein/Lovell 2"HD lift, Bushskinz guards & sliders,Tigerz 2x2.5 awning, Toyo Opat 2's, Safari snorkel, SR 3" exhaust

Comment

• twisted32
        • Jan 2015
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
        Can't let you go alone.
        Don't know what trouble I would get into without you.... Oh wait, is that the right way around....

Originally posted by XXXceed View Post
        Hi guys, would be keen to give this a go, haven't been out with the group for a long time and interested to see how the old girl goes from the last time I was there !
        Could you please put me as a maybe and I will confirm later in the week
        Cheers
        No worries
        MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• nj swb
          Resident
          • Jun 2007
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by twisted32 View Post
          Don't know what trouble I would get into without you.... Oh wait, is that the right way around....
          What's the point of having recovery gear if you're not going to use it?
          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• twisted32
            • Jan 2015
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
            What's the point of having recovery gear if you're not going to use it?
            Have to justify the purchase somehow...

Comment

• geopaj
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Adelaide

As you already know, I'm a definite attendee too
              Last edited by geopaj; 12-05-17, 10:00 PM.
              Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• m_and_m
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2010
                • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Gunna give this one a miss twisted32.
                Hope you all come home undamaged.
                Here's a post from the first time we did Jakem many years ago

Great fun though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• old Jack
                  Regular
                  • Jun 2011
                  • Adelaide, South Australia.

Unfortunately I am out also, I will be travelling home from working overseas.
                  Play safe guys!

OJ.
                  2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                  MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• dimmo
                    • Mar 2011
                    • Radelaide

I'm keen. it's been well over 12 months since i've been in the dirt. It's driving me crazy.

Comment

• Pajero12
                      • Dec 2015
                      • Adelaide

I'll be there
                      NW GL. DiD Auto with 265/75 St Maxx on 17" Alloys, Factory Steel bullbar
                      MODS: TJM Airtec Snorkel | Bilstein Shocks with King Springs | full bushskinz bash plates | LED Lightbar | Rhino Platform | GME XRS UHF platform mounted antenna w folding bracket | Kings Awning | Ultragauge | Dual Battery | Rear Storage System | Paddle Shift | M&M Lockup Mate

Comment

• dean
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2007

As per M M's post...can you avoid the obstacles that are likely to cause such damage ?
                        Dean
                        NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Comment

• Pajero12
                          • Dec 2015
                          • Adelaide

Originally posted by dean View Post
                          As per M M's post...can you avoid the obstacles that are likely to cause such damage ?
                          Dean
                          Hi Dean,

From our trip last year, there are options to skip out sections that you might not feel comfortable doing, the standard route around the farm doesn't have anything that will do damage providing you take the right line.

Further in to the farm there are parts where you can opt in to doing that could be hairy if you don't watch placement and speed.

You'll be with experienced people that are able to spot for you, the group is a very mature one which don't take unnecessary risks and won't push or hurry you to do a particular section.

When I was up on the trip last year (I hadn't had a lift at that stage), I hit the sills a few times, no damage because my speed was low, and I did some of the sections where you can do damage if not careful. Will see this time if it was my luck, or skill
                          NW GL. DiD Auto with 265/75 St Maxx on 17" Alloys, Factory Steel bullbar
                          MODS: TJM Airtec Snorkel | Bilstein Shocks with King Springs | full bushskinz bash plates | LED Lightbar | Rhino Platform | GME XRS UHF platform mounted antenna w folding bracket | Kings Awning | Ultragauge | Dual Battery | Rear Storage System | Paddle Shift | M&M Lockup Mate

Comment

• geopaj
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2007
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by dean View Post
                            Dean
                            Dean,

You'll be fine - lots of 'opt out' tracks (actually, the tough ones are optional 'opt in'), plus your an experienced 4wder.
                            Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• dean
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Pajero12 View Post
                              Hi Dean,

From our trip last year, there are options to skip out sections that you might not feel comfortable doing, the standard route around the farm doesn't have anything that will do damage providing you take the right line.

Further in to the farm there are parts where you can opt in to doing that could be hairy if you don't watch placement and speed.

You'll be with experienced people that are able to spot for you, the group is a very mature one which don't take unnecessary risks and won't push or hurry you to do a particular section.

When I was up on the trip last year (I hadn't had a lift at that stage), I hit the sills a few times, no damage because my speed was low, and I did some of the sections where you can do damage if not careful. Will see this time if it was my luck, or skill
                              Thanks
                              Dean
                              NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X