• ticky
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

Diesel $107.9/lt

Liberty
    Woodville North
    Torrens Road.
    Last edited by ticky; 15-12-15, 01:12 PM.
    2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel
  • Aussie_Dan
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Cairns

There's a couple of Servo's around at that sort of price at the moment.
    I poured just under 165L into my Paj on Sunday, at the big Liberty on the Grand Junction rd extension at Port Adelaide, for $1.09.9 per L after visiting the mother in law at West lakes.
    Up my way in the North east, diesel is between 12 and 15c per litre more expensive than that, so with a 165L fill up, the savings are large!
    Cheers, Dan.
    2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• RUGGA
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2014
      • Adelaide

I wouldn't have thought "Liberty" was the go to fuel.??? Or is it because of volume moved at these locations???
      02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2010
        • Cairns

Originally posted by RUGGA View Post
        I wouldn't have thought "Liberty" was the go to fuel.??? Or is it because of volume moved at these locations???
        Not sure? Diesel is diesel to me.
        I've never noted any difference in power or economy between brands. And I was pretty sure that as there is only one diesel storage facility in Adelaide, no matter which outlet you buy the fuel from, it has all come from the same storage tank in Port Adelaide anyway. The only difference being 'additives' that some brands may or may not add to the fuel at their servo's underground tanks?
        I'm happy to be corrected if someone else knows more on this subject than I do though!
        Cheers, Dan.
        2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• nj swb
          Resident
          • Jun 2007
          • Adelaide

Can somebody help me tow my NT down there?
          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• dhula
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2012
            • South of Perth

Deso is 120.9 - 132.9 and ULP is 119.9 - 134.9 depending on where I buy it from and how far I want to drive.

Good ol' WA
            2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
            2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• spot01
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2011
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by Aussie_Dan View Post
              Not sure? Diesel is diesel to me.
              I've never noted any difference in power or economy between brands. And I was pretty sure that as there is only one diesel storage facility in Adelaide, no matter which outlet you buy the fuel from, it has all come from the same storage tank in Port Adelaide anyway. The only difference being 'additives' that some brands may or may not add to the fuel at their servo's underground tanks?
              I'm happy to be corrected if someone else knows more on this subject than I do though!
              Cheers, Dan.
              The tankers dock at different terminals at Port Adelaide & Outer Harbour.
              Caltex, BP, Shell & Mobil all have separate storage facilities.
              I don't know where Liberty get their diesel from, so I don't use it in my NW (no science, just personal preference with a common rail).
              Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• ticky
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2015
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
                The tankers dock at different terminals at Port Adelaide & Outer Harbour.
                Caltex, BP, Shell & Mobil all have separate storage facilities.
                I don't know where Liberty get their diesel from, so I don't use it in my NW (no science, just personal preference with a common rail).
                I don't know where they get it from either, but I figure it has to be one of the big 4 & I'm ok with that.

I use Donaldson Filters, & I am relying on them to do their job.

I imagine there are a lot worse places to fill up around Australia than a Liberty in a capital city. I usually use Shell, but that is based on price as well. The Shell on Churchhill Rd is usually pretty cheap but he was $1.15, & the Liberty is closer.

Anyway, This is probably not the right place to post it, but as it only applies to Crow Eaters, I couldnt see any better place to put it.

Use it or not, I thought it was worth a mention.

There are a mob of us on here, It might be worth trying to work out a tyre deal with a company as well, sort of like a fleet deal. Give us the best price & we will all buy our tyres off of you....

Just a thought.

Steve
                2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• big mik
                  • Feb 2012
                  • Adelaide

I was informed at the weekend that all the diesel at the moment is coming from singapore, and I think an additive is missing (they did tell me but I don't have a diesel so wasn't listening too intently) so they smoke or nock a little more than normal at the moment.
                  1988 NF V6 superwagon, 2 Inch suspension lift, 31 inch AT's, AM & UHF radio, twin HID 7inch driving lights, 20 inch LED light bar, Reese rear tow bar, Ally bull bar, Tigerz 11 Roof cage and awning complete with LED's and remote dimmer, LED side marker lights on the sills, 2 rear 10w LED work lights, Rear view camera. Bluetooth radio for hands free phone. 1200Lbs winch

Comment

• ticky
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2015
                    • Adelaide

I havent noticed any noises or smoke, but I did notice another servo further up Torrens rd towards south Rd today that had Diesel for $106.9, & I think that was a Mobil.

Steve

Comment

• Ian Johnston
                      Valued Member
                      • Feb 2010
                      • Mount Gambier, SA

Diesel in Mount Gambier is $1.19.9 ltr. We dont have discounting like the city, pretty stable prices down here.
                      I just got my diesel NS, so back on the smelly stuff again!!! Been petrol for a while.
                      2015 Subaru Forester 2.5 petrol CVT. (Missus car)
                      Just got an NS DID manual (my car) SOLD.
                      2014 Subaru Outback diesel, CVT. Mine

Comment

• razorback481
                        • Nov 2014
                        • Lewiston SA

Originally posted by ticky View Post
                        I don't know where they get it from either, but I figure it has to be one of the big 4 & I'm ok with that.

I use Donaldson Filters, & I am relying on them to do their job.

I imagine there are a lot worse places to fill up around Australia than a Liberty in a capital city. I usually use Shell, but that is based on price as well. The Shell on Churchhill Rd is usually pretty cheap but he was $1.15, & the Liberty is closer.

Anyway, This is probably not the right place to post it, but as it only applies to Crow Eaters, I couldnt see any better place to put it.

Use it or not, I thought it was worth a mention.

There are a mob of us on here, It might be worth trying to work out a tyre deal with a company as well, sort of like a fleet deal. Give us the best price & we will all buy our tyres off of you....

Just a thought.

Steve

Hey Steve
                        in your car, stay with the big 2 BP or Caltex even use the BP ultimate if your have a long trip
                        for your car it will like the higher cetane fuel and it will be better on the injectors & SCV

Aussie Dan
                        your isnt the common rail so not so important, but as you spent so much making fly i would put the better fuel in !!

i ran my prado on the mogas diesel from virgina for 3 tanks ( at least 18c/L cheaper than anywhere) for a while , started to run funny, lacked power economy was poor ( even though most of the time i had either camper or the boat on)
                        i swapped to BP ultimate and instantly got an improvement (tank had 8L left) had more punch and at the end of that fill got another 200km

bare car the other day got a range of 1700km running 10.1L/100 twice then 13.8L/10 towing a poptop back from Gympi in the heat late last week

BP & caltex are supposed to be guaranteed to have 48+ cetane rating
                        the other only have to meet the 46 cetane
                        shell were blending bio to their diesel

that all from some very reliable diesel technicians

Comment

• Les PK Ranger
                          • Dec 2015
                          • Adelaide

Additives are usually put in the base diesel by the oilcos to various specs.
                          I too don't see much difference between brands and consumption or other running factors myself.

Liberty and Woolies outlets when in close proximity generally = good pricing, Marion Road Woolies Brooklyn Pk, Mogas Plympton, and Liberty Richmond Rd Richmond is another little group in battle most times.

The Petrol Spy app is reasonably good, just need more users to get on there and update pricing regularly and it will be a good tool.

Be good when Costco comes south
                          Worth the $60 a year membership in savings on their normal fuel prices.

Nowhere to go, all day to get there . . .

Comment

• Steve879
                            • Jan 2014
                            • Canberra

Filled up at Costco Canberra this week for 106.7! I seem to get better economy on the Costco fuel than the local 7/11.
                            2012 Pajero Activ.. ARB Bar, LED Driving ights, TJM Coils and Shocks, TJM Snorkel. Dominator winch. BFG KM2 265/70/17 Stedi Led fog lights and DRL's. Icom UHF.

Comment

• spot01
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2011
                              • Adelaide

Re finding good prices, unfortunately Motormouth have stuffed up their website by trying to improve it (why I don't know - it was good) & I can't use their new App on my old smartphone.

The only other useful website with individual station prices I have found is "Compare the market".

In Adelaide the terminal gate price of diesel is now about 97c, so the servos still selling around $1.20 are profiteering in a big way. The ACCC has just announced a deal with "Informed Sources" to make what they say was previously industry information on actual prices available to the public for free - all well & good, but I wish they would do something about the blatant profiteering in diesel fuel.
                              Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X