• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tedjones
    • Mar 2020
    • STOKE ON Trent ENGLAND

I am to old for this.

First try at this!!
    I have a 2000 6g74 3.5 v6 gdi NM dohc (I think) and I am removing both cylinder heads or trying too.
    There is a water passage pipe connecting both heads in between the bulkhead. I have undone the 2 bolts of the right head. Any bod know how to get at the other 2 without using a pet octopus.....?.. Thanks
  • disco stu
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2018
    • Wollongong

Well, it worked alright for you at least!

We don't get the gdi here in Australia. It sounds like same set up for cooling system on those heads though.

I can't sure remember how I got those out of my slightly older model, but I think it was a case of crack the bolt/nut with ring spanner, then using open end you turn it as much as you with the reach from above (rocker cover off from memory for a bit more room) then turn spanner around for the different angle and turn it as much as possible again. Over and over

Comment

• tedjones
      • Mar 2020
      • STOKE ON Trent ENGLAND

To disco stu

I hope you you get this reply from me disco stu as I find it very difficult to follow the process of entering a simple way of deciphering icons /threads and such all magic to me. Any way thanks for your help I will give it a go tomorrow if
      . I can get my fat body in the engine compartment.

Comment

• disco stu
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2018
        • Wollongong

Ha ha! Yes, I got this reply, your doing fine with the forum so far

I did have another thought. If all the rest of the cooling system hoses/pipes are disconnected you could leave that one connected and just pull it out when you take that head off. Assuming the other head is off etc

They certainly don't leave you much room to move with those bits at the back

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2016
          • Greater Sydney

tedjones. Easy way for you to keep this thread is to save it in your favourites.

Comment

• tedjones
            • Mar 2020
            • STOKE ON Trent ENGLAND

I am to old for this

As usual I don't understand
            I can't even find the message that I sent to lengthen it.
            Please tell me what lengthen my message to at least 1 characters means?
            Thanks TED JONES

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2016
              • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by tedjones View Post
              Thanks TED JONES
              Gday Ted.

Copy this link https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=66745 and save it in a 'word' file on your desktop. That way you can open this page directly.

I think there is a minimum amount of 'characters' that is letters or numbers needed to post.

Comment

• nj swb
                Resident
                • Jun 2007
                • Adelaide

Thanks TED JONES
                It means that any message must contain at least one character before the forum software will accept it.

How did you get this message? At a guess, you attempted to quote an earlier message, and typed your words in the wrong spot.

... quoted text ...
                To quote text like above, the message submitted looks like:
                (quote) ... quoted text ... (/quote) - but using square brackets [] rather than round ().

Hitting the "Quote" button in the bottom corner of the message causes the forum software to open a "Reply to Thread" window, and insert all the original text from the quoted message along with (quote) and (/quote) tags.

Sometimes, after clicking the "Quote" button, the new window opens with the lines of text you're expecting to see, and a blank line in the very bottom. But that blank line can still be between the (quote) and (/quote) tags, so if you click on that blank line and begin typing, anything you type ends up between the tags, and the forum software doesn't recognise it as new text. It sees nothing outside the (quote) and (/quote) tags, and tells you to add at least one character - otherwise, it thinks you're just quoting an earlier post and adding nothing.
                NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• tedjones
                  • Mar 2020
                  • STOKE ON Trent ENGLAND

Originally posted by disco stu View Post
                  Ha ha! Yes, I got this reply, your doing fine with the forum so far

I did have another thought. If all the rest of the cooling system hoses/pipes are disconnected you could leave that one connected and just pull it out when you take that head off. Assuming the other head is off etc

They certainly don't leave you much room to move with those bits at the back
                  THANKS stu thought of that one, even going to take both heads off at the same time but I ain't got a crane. Let me know if I am replying OK to your point. TED

Comment

• tedjones
                    • Mar 2020
                    • STOKE ON Trent ENGLAND

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
                    Gday Ted.

Copy this link https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=66745 and save it in a 'word' file on your desktop. That way you can open this page directly.

I think there is a minimum amount of 'characters' that is letters or numbers needed to post.
                    THANKS let me know if I have put this reply in the right place.

Comment

• tedjones
                      • Mar 2020
                      • STOKE ON Trent ENGLAND

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                      It means that any message must contain at least one character before the forum software will accept it.

How did you get this message? At a guess, you attempted to quote an earlier message, and typed your words in the wrong spot.

To quote text like above, the message submitted looks like:
                      (quote) ... quoted text ... (/quote) - but using square brackets [] rather than round ().

Hitting the "Quote" button in the bottom corner of the message causes the forum software to open a "Reply to Thread" window, and insert all the original text from the quoted message along with (quote) and (/quote) tags.

Sometimes, after clicking the "Quote" button, the new window opens with the lines of text you're expecting to see, and a blank line in the very bottom. But that blank line can still be between the (quote) and (/quote) tags, so if you click on that blank line and begin typing, anything you type ends up between the tags, and the forum software doesn't recognise it as new text. It sees nothing outside the (quote) and (/quote) tags, and tells you to add at least one character - otherwise, it thinks you're just quoting an earlier post and adding nothing.
                      THANKS for the info nj is this the right way to reply. TED

Comment

• nj swb
                        Resident
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Adelaide

THANKS for the info nj is this the right way to reply. TED
                        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2016
                          • Greater Sydney

THANKS let me know if I have put this reply in the right place.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X