• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dapredator
    • Feb 2020
    • Blakeview

MY13 GLX-R Pajero battery box cable run

Hi all, first time Mitsubishi owner here after just purchasing a 2012 MY13 Pajero with 140k on the clock.

I am in the process of setting the vehicle up for camping trips with our camper trailer and have made a second floor with mounted fridge slide that can be installed when required (removing the 3rd row seats) and bolting it in using the child seat anchor points. I have wired up a battery box with a kings dcdc converter, deep cycle battery and Anderson plugs for solar and alternator inputs.

I have also installed an anderson plug above the trailer plug for solar charging.

Now, I'm looking at options for running the following cables:

6B&S twin core cable from main battery via a 50A fuse or CCB to an Anderson plug mounted somewhere on the rear RHS cargo area plastic panel.

6 or 8B&S twin core cable from the tow bar Anderson plug to a second Anderson plug located next to the one above (using a dual Anderson surface mount eBay Jobby).

The battery box will be strapped down on the false floor behind the RHS second row seat and connected to the dual Anderson socket.

Hopefully that all makes sense!

Does anyone have any advice on how to run the cables? Through firewall down LHS then across the the RHS or cross at the dash then go down the RHS?

I would like to enter the rear cargo area for the solar input behind the RHS tail lights but from what I've read on this forum I may have to use the LHS, is that right?

Thanks all,

James.
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Use the left hand side, along the cable channel on the floor and over the left hand rear wheel arch. You will not need to run twin as the body is earthed and will be easier running single 6 b&s. thats how I did it and it has worked fine for 5 years now. I run a dcdc in the tub with 1 x 120 amp battery and the cable also feeds an anderson plug mounted on rear bar protector which in turn feeds another dcdc in the camper with 2 x 120 amp batteries…60 amp fuse for camper and 100 amp from main battery for the cable..(THE CABLE HAS A JUNCTION FOR IT TO FEED THE AUX BATTERY AS WELL AS THE REAR BAR ANDERSON….)
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Dapredator
      • Feb 2020
      • Blakeview

Thanks Dicko,
      It all seems a bit harder than my old slowlux but I'll give it a go on the weekend.

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

There is a large rubber grommet on the firewall that you can take off (10mm screw?bolt? and pierce this to feed cable through..
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X