Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Default NW Bash Plates

Just had a look under my NW and it only has 2 bash plates (NS had 3) - I bought this vehicle 2nd hand and am now wondering if there was something the previous owner didn't tell me?
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Nope most pajeros come with 2.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Standard is 2 bash plates. There is a 3rd on that was not standard. See pic below ftom Partsouq.com........its the rear bash plate that isn't standard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200315-194327_Samsung Internet.jpg (79.1 KB, 42 views)

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

They are hardly 'bash' plates though.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Ok, thanks everybody.

Now thinking of installing a set of 3 on the NW - Boos looks like good value for the 4mm mild steel set ($375).
Just wondering if the zinc plated mild steel would get sand blasted pretty quickly and allow corrosion too set in?
Powder coated option also available ($455).
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbetzki View Post
Ok, thanks everybody.

Now thinking of installing a set of 3 on the NW - Boos looks like good value for the 4mm mild steel set ($375).
Just wondering if the zinc plated mild steel would get sand blasted pretty quickly and allow corrosion too set in?
Powder coated option also available ($455).
Zinc coating will give better corrosion protection than power coat for something like bash plates that will have the surface coating damaged in use (stone chips, scratches etc).

Either option will be fine though - most cars underbody components are just painted & are not zinc plated or power coated and are fine (especially older ones).

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Another option to consider is the Custom Offroad Australia ones, they offer 3mm stainless which suited my requirements. I'm very happy with my set.

https://www.customoffroad.com.au/pro...n-bash-plates/
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebbian View Post
Another option to consider is the Custom Offroad Australia ones, they offer 3mm stainless which suited my requirements. I'm very happy with my set.

https://www.customoffroad.com.au/pro...n-bash-plates/
$540 delivered for the 3mm stainless Custom Offroad ones vs $375 delivered for the Boos ones... Id be picking Boos (hes a Pajero owner and long term member of this forum too)

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

We purchased one of the first sets from Bushskinz way back when Still running them.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

I have a set of Bushskinz plates for the intercooler and the engine sump. They have taken a couple of heavy thumps and whilst scratched, they did not dent. They are galvanised, which I feel is better than painted or powder coated because the scratches I have would have taken the paint back to bare metal and it would be rusting by now. I do have one concern about the Bushskinz, though - I feel that the intercooler plate restricts the airflow to the intercooler too much. I want to make larger openings to improve the airflow, but I fear that this may weaken the plate too much. One day I will remove the plate and look to see if I can brace it from inside without compromising clearances etc for the intercooler unit. One day.... Certainly when towing my caravan up long steep hills, the inlet air temperature climbs to over 100 Deg C even on a 25 Deg C ambient temperature day. I don't think it would have been that hot before I fitted the Bushskinz. I do like the protection that th eplate offers though.