Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJV6 View Post
If the compressor keeps running then the fault is with the air line leading from the pump to the diff, the intake to the pump (as someone mentioned) or the diaphragm inside the diff split.
Iíd 1stly take the airline off at a joins somewhere underneath near the join and turn compressor on to check air is pumping. Making sure you take the airline off and not the breather
+1 it shouldn't run all the time. Can't say I've ever noticed it audibly.
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I had a bit of a look during the week, the compressor's internal pressure cutoff seems to be working now though I'm not sure why. Aside from unplugging a plug & a hose, I didn't change anything. A quick vid: https://youtu.be/E4dTrT8W5VQ

I tried operating the difflock with the car off (ign on) & in park, moving from 2h to 4HLc, then diff lock on.
The compressor ran for 5sec & switched off, the RD light continued flashing. I'm not sure of the internals, but I assume its either a) because I was parked the diff teeth were in the wrong spot & couldn't engage, or b) the sensor switch is faulty.
I'll do some more testing when I find a loose surface (nothing much in the suburbs)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RDLock (1).jpg (126.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg RDLock (3).jpg (176.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg RDLock (8).jpg (181.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg RDLock (4).jpg (70.5 KB, 25 views)
1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II, 100AH dual battery & db140i isolator, Roof basket, 2.5m & 1.4m awnings, 22" LED bar & eBay HIDs, rear LED work lights, Waeco CF40, custom storage shelf, 50L aux tank.
2013 NW GLX. Currently stock as a rock.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Usually itís reason a. Mine almost always runs like you said for a short period and upon moving would run again for a few moments to fully engage.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Usually itís reason a. Mine almost always runs like you said for a short period and upon moving would run again for a few moments to fully engage.
Diff locker seems to be working now, same behaviour as NJV6. This definitely wasn't happening on the other times I'd tried it. Perhaps 4th time is a charm....

Thanks all for the tips/advice, it was a learning experience in any case.
1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II, 100AH dual battery & db140i isolator, Roof basket, 2.5m & 1.4m awnings, 22" LED bar & eBay HIDs, rear LED work lights, Waeco CF40, custom storage shelf, 50L aux tank.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I believe the addition of a diff breather can lead to diff locking issues - if you have one fitted try disconnecting and test.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldEmmGee View Post
I believe the addition of a diff breather can lead to diff locking issues - if you have one fitted try disconnecting and test.

I haven't fitted one but do intend to at some point, I'll keep it in mind. Probably worth checking the existing breather too, perhaps it was related to the issue.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldEmmGee View Post
How so? Afraid thatís fake news.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
How so? Afraid thatís fake news.
This was discovered at Mitsubishi at one of the vehicle launches - stopped the stripping down a non-functioning diff locker when it was discovered a restricted diff breather had been fitted. I cannot remember if this was fixed by reducing the length of the tube or increasing the diameter.

I only mention it as something to check - plenty of people have run diff breathers without problems.

Cheers,

Doug
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Haha, some apprentice ballsed up!