• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redtag
    • Aug 2015
    • Adelaide

Rattle on corrugations

Hi folks,
    I'm getting this rather annoying rattle/vibration over corrugations. It sounds like it's coming from behind or above the speedo/tacho. I thought I'd found the culprit when I installed my Automate, I found the clear plastic front to be a little loose and capable of vibrating, but despite fixing that a vibration noise still occurs. After exposing the speedo unit is it possible to get in behind it to see what's going on?? It sounds like a plastic electrical connection is banging against something. Anyone got any ideas to fix this, other than earplugs??

Redtag
    Charcoal PB auto, 2012. Pretty bog standard at the moment - nudge bar and IPF HID driving lights (bodgy retrofit by previous owner!), factory rear difflockt, Bushkins for intercooler and front diff, Toyo OPAT 265/65/R17 LT, profile bars and Oztrail awning, Ultragauge Blue, EGR plug n'play, Automate and paddles.
  • amec
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Wamberal

Turn the radio up might be easier.

We went up to Cape York a few months ago and on some of the corrugations could see the entire dash console bouncing up and down with some noises coming from here and there. Not sure anybcar would be immune from some sort of noise or rattle.
    PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

I had a similar rattle .. found it to be aircon pipe rubbing against chassis rail (right hand front drivers side) just bent it up a bit with the bracket .. easy job, removed the air intake off the air cleaner box to get to it easier ...
      2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Redtag
        • Aug 2015
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by amec View Post
        Turn the radio up might be easier.

We went up to Cape York a few months ago and on some of the corrugations could see the entire dash console bouncing up and down with some noises coming from here and there. Not sure anybcar would be immune from some sort of noise or rattle.
        Yes, I was wondering whether it may be common or normal for Challengers at least. I ask because my XJ Jeep Cherokee, despite it's may shortcomings compared to the Challenger that replaced it, was surprisingly quiet over corrugations and rough roads.
        Redtag
        Charcoal PB auto, 2012. Pretty bog standard at the moment - nudge bar and IPF HID driving lights (bodgy retrofit by previous owner!), factory rear difflockt, Bushkins for intercooler and front diff, Toyo OPAT 265/65/R17 LT, profile bars and Oztrail awning, Ultragauge Blue, EGR plug n'play, Automate and paddles.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X