• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

2.8 T/D getting hot?

Asked to post this from Heather and Mick via email.

Hi I wonder if you can make any suggestions for us . We recently brought a 1999 pajero 2800 intercooled turbo , diesel , manual
    Drives and goes great until we put the boat on .
    It had after market new radiator which blew the bottom seal . We put in a brand new genuine pajero radiator and thermostat. It has a new water pump and we also got it flushed out by a radiator mechanic and it still hasnt fixed the problem
    The clutch fan spins fine and there are no signs of head gasket or cracked block
    Would any of your members have any other ideas for us
    Would really appreciate it
    Regards Heather & Mick

NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Define "spins fine".

When the engine is hot i.e. overheating the fan should not "spin fine" when the engine is stopped. It should be hard to turn.

Diagnosing whether or not a thematic fan is working properly requires good knowledge of how they work. "Spins fine" doesn't sound like a diagnosis from somebody who knows how they work - I would expect "working properly" or similar.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• greybeard
      • Jan 2008
      • WA

If the mitsi fan is anything like the old tojo ones, my money is on the fan. There is a lot of infoonline regarding refilling the oil in the tojo fan, not sure if there is anything on the mitsi one. try mr google.

Comment

• motorazr
        • Aug 2018
        • Adelaide

If you are situated in adelaide i have a thermo fan that you could re oil or lube. It will need your existing blades put on it. If interested looking for $40 for it.

Comment

• Travel Tragic
          • Nov 2017
          • Central Coast NSW

Looking at the problem from another angle. Do the wheels on the boat trailer spin freely, could be binding brakes or semi seized wheel bearings? John
          2017 NX Second Battery, Redarc DcDc Charger, Factory towbar, Redarc Brake Contoller. Otherwise standard

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X