• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TC.Barky
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2011
    • Melbourne

Some drone footage of the Paj from Robe

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Old man wanted to have a crack at tracking a moving car with his drone while we were at Robe recently. We were in a giant sand pit so thought I'd have a little muck around. Not the sort of driving I've ever actually done (hence why I'm pretty bad at it circle work ) but I figured since it's a pretty windy spot and it's soft sand there'd be no lasting damage so why not have some fun. Got some pretty amazing shots of the car.

Unfortunately he uses VR flight goggles and the camera that feeds those is mounted lower than the camera that is doing the high quality recording which is why the car is often dropping out the bottom of the shot (the flight footage is all pretty dead on - quite impressive flying really, just poor video quality).

Hilariously, I managed to convince my passenger for the trip to sit in the passenger seat with the second pair of VR goggles on. He does not normally get motion sickness but he tells me he felt quite ill afterwards

Got some of me going over a dune as well, will try and get that out tomorrow.
    MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
    Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
  • hoodoo
    • Jun 2015
    • brisbane

Very cool mate

Comment

• m_and_m
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2010
      • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

I think we just solved to mystery of how crop circles are created.
      2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
      2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
      Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• TC.Barky
        Valued Member
        • Oct 2011
        • Melbourne

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
        I think we just solved to mystery of how crop circles are created.
        Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Vix2010
          • Jan 2015
          • Wamboin NSW

So awesomeness, would love to have a go at that
          NT GLS DiD auto, ARB Bar,22" Cree Light Bar, Oricom UHF, Hankook Dynapro MT 265/70r17, CSA Granite Rims, Dobinsons 2" Lift, Safari Snorkle,Custom 3" exhaust, Thule roof racks,Kings awning,roof cage

Love The Paj 👍👍
          (Everything happens for a reason)

Comment

• Herman4x4
            Valued Member
            • Oct 2009
            • Melton, Victoria

Awesome. Would love to get a drone one day.
            Cheers,
            Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
            Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• aus_andyk
              • Nov 2013
              • Melbourne

Awesome footage Andrew.

Can you give us some more details on the drone?

Was thinking of taking one on my trip to the Kimberleys next year, as the overhead shots would be amazing.

Cheers
              | PC Challenger Manual MY14 | Front eLocker | Dobinson MRR | 3.15 Gears | ARB Deluxe Bar | Runva 11XP | Bushskinz Sliders & Guards | Kaymar Rear Bar | LRA Tank | Safari Snorkel | Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 | Rhino Pioneer Platform | Foxwing Awning | Drifta Drawers | Lightforce Venom | Stedi Lightbar | Viair 480C | ARB 47L Fridge | GME TX3500 | TraxRax |

Comment

• TC.Barky
                Valued Member
                • Oct 2011
                • Melbourne

To be honest I know very little about it, other than it's not the first he's built and that it's not a particularly cheap hobby. You can go very crazy with it. The one he's using at the moment I think he's keeping pretty small and lightweight, doesn't have any of the auto return home functions or anything. Kind of closer to the smaller stunt drones, think he's got it up pretty close to 100kph (per the GPS).

Was pretty amazing to have on the recent trip. Got some ripper footage of areas, definitely recommend it. I'll see if I can get some details off him.

Comment

• TC.Barky
                  Valued Member
                  • Oct 2011
                  • Melbourne

Since there seemed to be a bit of interest in the drone itself (lets be honest, they are pretty cool) I thought I'd stick up the actual flight footage.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Yes, that is Flight of the Valkyries. Had to be done, sorry.

This is what is recorded straight from the VR headset (not from the camera on the drone) so it's what the pilot is actually seeing, including any interference or signal dropouts. The VR headsets look like this:

No that's not me, that's the bloke that travelled with me. He's... special

You get a lot of telemetry from the drone which is really cool and at the end of the flight it gives you a summary (kind of like a score screen hehe).

That's the actual drone. The top camera records the high quality footage, the bottom one is the flight camera.

Comment

• aus_andyk
                    • Nov 2013
                    • Melbourne

hmmm...I was going to say an easier solution would be to just invite you and the pilot next year to the Kimberleys...but if he flies like a girl, then I'm not sure if he's welcome.
                    | PC Challenger Manual MY14 | Front eLocker | Dobinson MRR | 3.15 Gears | ARB Deluxe Bar | Runva 11XP | Bushskinz Sliders & Guards | Kaymar Rear Bar | LRA Tank | Safari Snorkel | Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 | Rhino Pioneer Platform | Foxwing Awning | Drifta Drawers | Lightforce Venom | Stedi Lightbar | Viair 480C | ARB 47L Fridge | GME TX3500 | TraxRax |

Comment

• Dicko1
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Cairns, FNQ

They are impressive. I reckon that's why the cops will be using them in the future. They can sit in their favourite donut shack and catch speedsters without spilling a coffee or missing a crumb. Big brother is watching.....
                      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• TC.Barky
                        Valued Member
                        • Oct 2011
                        • Melbourne

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                        They are impressive. I reckon that's why the cops will be using them in the future. They can sit in their favourite donut shack and catch speedsters without spilling a coffee or missing a crumb. Big brother is watching.....
                        It's interesting you say that. My dad built one for his brother to use on his farm. Big long distance unit that he uses to track stock and check fences... from the comfort of his lounge room

Comment

• Dicko1
                          Valued Member
                          • Dec 2014
                          • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post
                          It's interesting you say that. My dad built one for his brother to use on his farm. Big long distance unit that he uses to track stock and check fences... from the comfort of his lounge room

Exactly how the yanks are picking out targets in Afghanistan and Syria and blowing them up....all from sea containers many thousands of kilometres away...
                          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X