• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4x4ewok
    • Nov 2015
    • Glenmore Park

NM unlocking issue

So the NM I bought to fix up has developed an issue unlocking. I don't have any remote for it so the issue is with the key function.

Using the key I can lock all of the doors from the drivers door, but only the drivers door will unlock. From the passenger side everything works as advertised and I can both lock and unlock every door.

I have read through a lot of threads on here and I believe looking at those the problem may lie with the central locking computer, perhaps a burnt circuit.

As such I am planning on getting a new after market central locking kit from Jaycar and splice it into the system. I can live with the key only unlocking the drivers door if I have remotes that work.

I just want to the brains trust to check my thinking and confirm the wiring for the aftermarket kit.

When connecting the aftermarket kit I know I need to make sure it is negatively switched but when connecting to the 4 wire plug that goes to the central locking controller is the plug removed and connected to the new kit or is the new kit spliced into the wiring and the wiring still connected to the factory controller?

Thanks for the help

Matched content

Collapse
Working...
X