• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MyExceed
    • May 2014
    • Hobart, Tas

Swapping accessories from NS to NX

Hi guys,

It's nearly time to update my NS to a second hand NX. I've seen a 2017 NX GLX with 30k/klms on it at a reasonable price.

Apart from the differences in spec from my Exceed to a GLX (although I do pick up a rear diff lock ), will there be any accessories I already have that won't fit the NX.

I know the cargo barrier, rear drawers, roof rack, dual battery, skid plates, wheels, lift kit, UHF etc will swap straight over. My main concern is the bullbar.

Does the brains trust know if the front end structure is the same under the facelift. I've checked the bar manufacturers site and it lists my bar from NS onwards, but looking for confirmation from some who may have done this before.

Cheers
    Mark

NS Exceed V6, xrox bar with domin8r 12000lb winch, The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift, 265/70/17 BFG A/T, LED spots, LED fog lights, 40" roof mounted lightbar, OCAM alloy rack, dual batteries, Boos bash plates, diff breathers, Garmin 67LMT GPS, Tyredog TPMS, Uniden UHF, Engel MR40f in rear drawer system, external phone antennae, cargo barrier, dual side awnings, RTT, shovel holder, spare wheel lift
  • Poite91
    • Jan 2017
    • Adelaide

Hi I know that the arb bull bars mount differently to the NX then the NS to NW. What bull bar is on the NS?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Comment

• MyExceed
      • May 2014
      • Hobart, Tas

Thanks, its an xrox bar. Now i know there are slight differences, ill call the manufacturer next week and find out if i can just buy the 'inside' part if the wings are the same

Cheers
      Mark

NS Exceed V6, xrox bar with domin8r 12000lb winch, The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift, 265/70/17 BFG A/T, LED spots, LED fog lights, 40" roof mounted lightbar, OCAM alloy rack, dual batteries, Boos bash plates, diff breathers, Garmin 67LMT GPS, Tyredog TPMS, Uniden UHF, Engel MR40f in rear drawer system, external phone antennae, cargo barrier, dual side awnings, RTT, shovel holder, spare wheel lift

Comment

• erad
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2015
        • Cooma NSW

For what it is worth, I fitted a genuine Mitsubishi NS Bullbar to my NW Pajero, not a problem at all. I would assume that the NX would still have the same chassis details.

Comment

• MyExceed
          • May 2014
          • Hobart, Tas

Originally posted by erad View Post
          For what it is worth, I fitted a genuine Mitsubishi NS Bullbar to my NW Pajero, not a problem at all. I would assume that the NX would still have the same chassis details.
          That's very interesting. I've had a look at the ARB price list and they break down the Gen 4's into three categories and their bull bars have different part numbers for the NS/NT models, then the NW is different and then the NX part number is different again?

I wonder if the mounting is the same but the overall outer shape/style is slightly different to accomodate the grill/bumper styling......
          Mark

Comment

• erad
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2015
            • Cooma NSW

The NX has Daytime Running Lights, which certainly the NS, NT and NW didn't have (not my NW anyway). That would certainly account for some differences in the bars.

Comment

• MyExceed
              • May 2014
              • Hobart, Tas

Originally posted by erad View Post
              The NX has Daytime Running Lights, which certainly the NS, NT and NW didn't have (not my NW anyway). That would certainly account for some differences in the bars.
              Yeah true, good point
              Mark

Comment

• Poite91
                • Jan 2017
                • Adelaide

The NS/NT is the same bar. But when looking at the parts breakdown on the NW they both appear to have the same fit kit. I know that the NX has a different fit kit.

Comment

• MyExceed
                  • May 2014
                  • Hobart, Tas

Originally posted by Poite91 View Post
                  The NS/NT is the same bar. But when looking at the parts breakdown on the NW they both appear to have the same fit kit. I know that the NX has a different fit kit.
                  Roger that, thanks mate. Looks like a new bar will be needed. Now to decide which one
                  Mark

Comment

• pharb
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2007
                    • Tyers,Vic

My NX had a Smartbar fitted when I bought it.

I chose to replace with an ARB. They would not sell me the cheaper, pre NX Gen 4 bar, stating they were different. The emails actually started to get a bit heated because I kept askimg why and they just kept saying "because, it just is".

I have my suspicions that the only difference is the NX is a sort of Summit bar, only available with washers, where as pre NX had the original upper structure, with and without washers.

Ironically Smartbar only sell one bar for all Gen 4s, and maybe it might fit Gen 3s as well. Not sure.
                    PCOV Member 1107.
                    Daily driver NX GLX
                    Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
                    Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
                    Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• Poite91
                      • Jan 2017
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by pharb View Post
                      My NX had a Smartbar fitted when I bought it.

I chose to replace with an ARB. They would not sell me the cheaper, pre NX Gen 4 bar, stating they were different. The emails actually started to get a bit heated because I kept askimg why and they just kept saying "because, it just is".

I have my suspicions that the only difference is the NX is a sort of Summit bar, only available with washers, where as pre NX had the original upper structure, with and without washers.

Ironically Smartbar only sell one bar for all Gen 4s, and maybe it might fit Gen 3s as well. Not sure.
                      The mounting brackets for the NX is a different part number. Then the NS,NT,NW. The ARB sales person wouldn't sell you the wrong bar as if it didn't fit it would come back onto the sales person and the Air bag compatibility has not been tested.

Smartbar list 2 types of bars for the gen 4 pajero. The NS,NT,NW SA115SAA115 non winch and the SA115SAA114 winch compatible. The bar for the NX is SA162AA162 non winch SA162AA163 winch compatible.

The gen 3 smart bar is a complete bumper replacement. So this would not line up with the gen 4 shape not sure about the bracketry tho. But it would be untested for air bags.

2016 NX Pajero GLX, ARB Bull Bar, AR32 Intensity Driving Lights, Icom Pro 400, Old Man Emu suspension, Kumho MT51 tyre's

Comment

• pharb
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2007
                        • Tyers,Vic

The mounting brackets for the NX is a different part number. Then the NS,NT,NW. The ARB sales person wouldn't sell you the wrong bar as if it didn't fit it would come back onto the sales person and the Air bag compatibility has not been tested.

Smartbar list 2 types of bars for the gen 4 pajero. The NS,NT,NW SA115SAA115 non winch and the SA115SAA114 winch compatible. The bar for the NX is SA162AA162 non winch SA162AA163 winch compatible.

The gen 3 smart bar is a complete bumper replacement. So this would not line up with the gen 4 shape not sure about the bracketry tho. But it would be untested for air bags.

2016 NX Pajero GLX, ARB Bull Bar, AR32 Intensity Driving Lights, Icom Pro 400, Old Man Emu suspension, Kumho MT51 tyre's

Yes they do list different bars for early Gen 4 vs NX, the difference being provision for the factory fitted DRLs on the NX.
                        My ex VicPol NX GLX5 didn't have factory DRLs which is why Vic Pol where able to fit the NS,T,W SmartBar.
                        As per this thread https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...448#post529448

The SB on my NX was badged with the NS,T, W part number.

My discussions with ARB were about me asking why they listed different ARB bars, when the SBs were interchangeable if you discounted the DRLs. They couldn't tell me why the early Gen 4 bars didn’t fit the NX.

Of note - TJM list the same part number on their website for the Alloy Dulux bar for NW and NX, and the same part number for the Outback bar for NW and NX.
                        Last edited by pharb; 18-05-19, 08:44 AM. Reason: Correct address of link
                        PCOV Member 1107.
                        Daily driver NX GLX
                        Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.

Comment

• Poite91
                          • Jan 2017
                          • Adelaide

Originally posted by pharb View Post
                          Yes they do list different bars for early Gen 4 vs NX, the difference being provision for the factory fitted DRLs on the NX.
                          My ex VicPol NX GLX5 didn't have factory DRLs which is why Vic Pol where able to fit the NS,T,W SmartBar.
                          As per this thread https://]https://www2.pajeroclub.com...448#post529448

The SB on my NX was badged with the NS,T, W part number.

My discussions with ARB were about me asking why they listed different ARB bars, when the SBs were interchangeable if you discounted the DRLs. They couldn't tell me why the early Gen 4 bars didn’t fit the NX.

Of note - TJM list the same part number on their website for the Alloy Dulux bar for NW and NX, and the same part number for the Outback bar for NW and NX.
                          I was unaware that the smart bars would mount up. I know that the smart bar brackets are not as reinforced as the ARB brackets as they don't need to be.

I was just trying to explain why the ARB person wouldn't sell you the wrong bar. I have personally compared the fitting kits and bracket part numbers they are different for the NX. All the parts looked to be the same from NS,NT,NW just that the NW bar was different.

On TJM's website. The bars are as follows.

OUTBACK BULL BAR STEEL SUIT MITSUBISHI PAJERO NS/NT/NW SKU: 070SB13N52U.

OUTBACK BULL BAR SUIT MITSUBISHI PAJERO NX SKU: 070SB13N52V.

ALLOY DELUXE BULL BAR SUIT MITSUBISHI PAJERO NS/NT/NW SKU: 070AP15N52U.

TJM SIGNATURE ALLOY BULL BAR SUIT MITSUBISHI PAJERO NX SKU: 070AP15N52V.

The part numbers are almost the same just that the NS,NT,NW bars have a U and the NX bars have a V.
                          Last edited by Poite91; 15-05-19, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• oscaroo
                            • Dec 2017
                            • Sydney

My nx smart bar says NS on it. I think the only difference is the kit comes with headlight washers

Comment

• pharb
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2007
                              • Tyers,Vic

I was unaware that the smart bars would mount up. I know that the smart bar brackets are not as reinforced as the ARB brackets as they don't need to be.

I was just trying to explain why the ARB person wouldn't sell you the wrong bar. I have personally compared the fitting kits and bracket part numbers they are different for the NX. All the parts looked to be the same from NS,NT,NW just that the NW bar was different.

On TJM's website. The bars are as follows.

OUTBACK BULL BAR STEEL SUIT MITSUBISHI PAJERO NS/NT/NW SKU: 070SB13N52U.

OUTBACK BULL BAR SUIT MITSUBISHI PAJERO NX SKU: 070SB13N52V.

ALLOY DELUXE BULL BAR SUIT MITSUBISHI PAJERO NS/NT/NW SKU: 070AP15N52U.

TJM SIGNATURE ALLOY BULL BAR SUIT MITSUBISHI PAJERO NX SKU: 070AP15N52V.

The part numbers are almost the same just that the NS,NT,NW bars have a U and the NX bars have a V.
                              Thanks Poite. Appears I misread the Vs on the part numbers.
                              It's all academic now. I bought the NX ARB bar, but I have still yet to find out the differences between the fitting kits. Lots of left over parts in mine. Smaller bracketry.

Ironically ARBs catalogue list the same Smartbar for the pre NX Exceed model as all NX's (pre NX non Exceed have a different model listed) which is why I started assuming it was a lighting issue or provission for the headlight washers, and why I pressed ARB to illustrate the differences so I didn't end up with a bar with lots on unused components for the factory fitted fogs, DRL's and headlight washers that I didn't have.

I do have some nice holes in the top of the bumper section for headlight washers if I ever want to fit them
                              PCOV Member 1107.
                              Daily driver NX GLX

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X