Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 2 Pajero

Generation 2 Pajero NH - NL Models 1991 - 2000

Old 20-02-19

Default Help Please - NL 6G74, Data Logging and ECU Map Viewing

Hi all.

I have a keen interest to learn more about how my 6G74 is performing in my NL SWB.

A mate at work has a Mitsubishi Evo VI and he loaned me his OBD cable and notebook with EvoScan software. I had some success in viewing sensor output but now need to do some more exploring to satisfy the nerd within. Ideally I'd like to log some trips commuting and sand driving to see how the engine is behaving.

I'm also very keen to see the fuel and ignition map (s). Not to change anything, just to look and wonder.

Could someone please comfirm what hardware and software I need?

I think this is the cable:

http://evoscan.com/evoscan-gps-obdii...t-20-usb-cable

But what software is required?

Good advice appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 20-02-19
Valued Member

evoscan is needed - be aware that installing it on teh same machine as ecuflash needs some messing around with files but if you google it there are instructions. I have also had issues getting ti to work on my windows 10 laptop but that may be just me.

You need to configure the evoscan to the mits mut111 setting and click start data log. not everything will come up with readings as its a generic logger, I go through and untick a lot of stuff and select display selected items.

be aware that what you see is evoscans interpretation of what the ecu is doing, afr's are not the afr you actually have but what the ecu is trying to get to, you need to verify with a wideband that what the ecu is targeting and what is happening are the same. I also found the load ouput is a bit weird - there are 2 I found and one seems to read 2/3 of what the ecu is registering and the other a bit under double..... what you can get from it however is good data for before and after scenarios. and I have used this alot with my supercharger install

I am using the OP2 unit and the mitsi flash cable

.... and 1990 Nissan Z32 300zx for on road shenanigans
Old 20-02-19
Valued Member

Maps if they PB is playing the game again...

Old 21-02-19

Mitsilogger is another for logging-is that correct Stumagoo?

Also, is MUTiii correct, or MUTii? (MUT2 vs MUT3 if there are too may "i's")

I haven't done much with any of this recently, been too busy stuffing around with other things
Old 21-02-19
Valued Member

mut 2 is our interface i believe but for data logging it only connects on the mut 3 setting. no idea why but thats how I got it to work. I tried mitsilogger but I never got it working - so I cant comment on it.

A good resource to look up is Merlins evo tuning guide. it is based on Mitsi parameters and covers a lot of stuff we dont need but it also covers 90% of what is found in the Pajero h8 ecu's - it covers some of the basic uses of evoscan but is more for ecuflash use

Old 21-02-19

Cheers. That explains it then.
Old 11-06-19

Re: Evoscan
just to be sure:
- are you able with Evoscan SW read MUT II fault codes (hidden in Torque Pro with MUT II plug-in)?
- for this ability you need first flash the exist ECU by MMCFlash USB Module from Evoscan? Then enable Mode 23, what is same prerequisite of MUT 2 Torque Pro plugin for a proper operation.
- for the flashing you need an interface within your laptop and OBD = an OpenPort logging/reflashing cable & of course Evoscan SW.

I'm just little bit surprised, that no contact at official web of Evoscan : evoscan.com
no support there

My interest is find another/advanced resources for better fault diagnostic.
Old 12-06-19
Valued Member

Mutt2 is not OBD2 and I do not believe any normal OBD2 software will read it. Evoscan works when set best mutt3 and I use ecuflsah to rewrite the ecu. voltage is really important - my little modern laptop is very tempremental about reflashing and I have lost 3 ecus wiht it - I believe it is a combination of the battery supply in the laptop being weak and the vehicles battery (should be hooked up to a charger) The reflash cable needs to see 14+ volts and with the to power supplies being small/weak I think that is my problem

Old 12-06-19

thx. understand difference between OBD and MUT (protocol).
As I wrote, I don’t need MUT for a tuning. My idea is obtain advanced logs by MUT protocols and to integrate them with exist OBD logs to predict future or nearly Faults. Basically OBD just provide simple info, but after some incident happened. There is few useful realtime sensor logs (by OBD), which can help you during simple diagnostic. MUT can provide more details from sensors operation.

Btw: here is an answer why the Mitsulogger doesn’t work
- pin 1 of the diagnostic connector needs to be grounded before MUT protocol negotiation can begin. Most of the MUT protocol negotiation info around the web was written based on Evo ECU behaviour, so tools like Malibu Jack's Mitsulogger and Donour Sizemore's libmut won't work with cars that require pin 1 grounded.
Old 12-06-19

You can't just manually ground pin 1 for that logging?

I did a bit of a google after reading your post and saw what they mentioned about certain OBD info on those cars. Not sure where you're located, but it seems like you're saying that you can get some info over OBD still. Here in Aus all of the info is MUT and you can't get anything via OBD protocol-unless you have a MUT reader we are completely locked out. I've been interested in a way of reading data as well to monitor how things are going