Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Opposite lock 3 loop steel bar mounts cracking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kumabear
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2013
    • Sydney, Macarther Region

Well I really hope that the sub frame has not been damaged.

Are there any other guys who would like to speak up regarding the OL bars as to the condition of their brackets? NFT5 yours are fine yeah?

I am just hoping once this is sorted that it does not occur again
    Last edited by Kumabear; 27-06-17, 11:03 AM.
    2011 MY12 NW Pajero GL (White)

Factory Rear Diff lock | Modded Traction Control | Hankook RT03 MT LT265/70/17 | Uniden 7760nb UHF | Opposite Lock 3 Loop steel bar with fog lights |Runva EXW12000 | Bushskinz plates and sliders |Ultimate Suspension true 50mm Lift (above factory trim)

Wishlist:

Comment

• Kumabear
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2013

Another thing to note is that the holes where the bolts were missing, the bracket was not even lined up with the hole at all at least not at the moment they are not, who knows if they ever did.

Perhaps the bracket not being aligned correctly also added to the issue, I imagine the forces on the mounts would be drastically multiplied for every degree of downward angle that the bar is away from being level.

Factory Rear Diff lock | Modded Traction Control | Hankook RT03 MT LT265/70/17 | Uniden 7760nb UHF | Opposite Lock 3 Loop steel bar with fog lights |Runva EXW12000 | Bushskinz plates and sliders |Ultimate Suspension true 50mm Lift (above factory trim)

Wishlist:

Comment

• NFT5
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Canberra

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
        If the bracket is already folded and it is cracking ialong the fold then the bend radius is too tight and the edges of the material at the bend have not been radius-ed either, both these things induce stress points in the fold of the steel and this is where the brackets will fail.
        Agreed. Which is why I mentioned gussets earlier.

Originally posted by Kumabear View Post
        NFT5 yours are fine yeah?
        Yep, checked as soon as I saw this thread and no sign of any problem. I'll be monitoring even though I hope this is just a one-off and related to non-installation of the extra bolts.
        Chris

Comment

• Kumabear
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2013

Well I got it sorted today.

They installed a new fit kit with all new brackets, its not the new bar I was hoping for but its a good result none the less.

I noticed that they used nice high tensile bolts (they did not last time) with wider washers this time around, as well as putting in the bolts that were missing before. The bar is completely solid and feels like a solid part of the sub frame as it should.

Also happily the vibration at idle and certain rpm I have been feeling lately and was worried was engine mounts has vanished, I'd say it was caused by the bar vibrating.

Keen to go get it out on the tracks again

Wishlist:

Comment

• twisted32
            • Jan 2015
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
            If the bracket is already folded and it is cracking ialong the fold then the bend radius is too tight and the edges of the material at the bend have not been radius-ed either, both these things induce stress points in the fold of the steel and this is where the brackets will fail.

OJ.
            Correct OJ, they have put a 90deg bend in 4mm plate with no bend radius. Of course it will crack...
            Mine has also, so need to get into OL this week, or just gusset and weld the current mounts (will be stronger).
            Of note mine does have all the mounting bolts fitted, so that is not a contributing factor.
            MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X