• Show
Clear All
  • ebh
    • Jul 2014
    • Stockholm

"New" engine for my Pajero after snapped chain

Hi all,

After breaking my chain half a year ago,

I finally got around and ordered a reconditioned unit with two years guarantee.

According to the seller the engine is delivered complete with distribution, and I need to take turbo and injection system from the old unit.

I guess that replacing the water pump would be a good idea at this stage, is there any other service parts that's also smart replacing?

When the new engine is installed I am hoping to have it running for at least a couple of years, until now it's been sitting in the garage 1/3 of the time.
  • Jeffwatkins
    • Apr 2015
    • Jamisontown NSW

Originally posted by ebh View Post
    Hi all,

After breaking my chain half a year ago,

I finally got around and ordered a reconditioned unit with two years guarantee.

According to the seller the engine is delivered complete with distribution, and I need to take turbo and injection system from the old unit.

I guess that replacing the water pump would be a good idea at this stage, is there any other service parts that's also smart replacing?

When the new engine is installed I am hoping to have it running for at least a couple of years, until now it's been sitting in the garage 1/3 of the time.

If you can afford it I would replace the injectors and glow plugs depending on the Ks the old ones have done. Also make sure it has the updated tensioner fitted.

How much are you paying for the recon motor?

Comment

• spot01
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Adelaide

I'd also replace all belts & radiator hoses, including heater hoses. Replace any suspect hose clamps. Use a new thermostat & gasket - check the housing for pitting.

Give the radiator a good flush & check it isn't full of scale or partially blocked. If your car has an engine oil cooler, flush it & check there are no bits of your old engine floating inside it or it's lines.

If you are keeping the old inlet manifold, check for carbon build up & de-coke if required.

Should already have been done, but make sure the tappets have been adjusted before fitting the injection fuel rail, etc.
      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• ebh
        • Jul 2014
        • Stockholm

Thanks for quick reply,

Jeffwatkins:
        That car has traveled around 135 000 km, I will check the price for the glow plugs and injectors. Regarding the updated tensioner I will check this with the seller.
        For the reconditioned engine I am paying 4190 € approximately 6300 AUD.

Is what not the cheapest on eBay, but I would rather pay a bit more and (hopefully) get a better engine.

Thanks spot01 I definitely replace the parts you are mentioning. The car has an oil cooler so I'll flush that and I will tell the workshop to check the tappets.
        The EGR pipe was full of carbon build up so I probably can expect similarity with the manifold.

What about the diesel pump, Is it serviceable in any way?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X