Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 2 Pajero

Generation 2 Pajero NH - NL Models 1991 - 2000

Old 08-06-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieracer View Post
Well a friend who does a GTO engine management built a custom ECU / ROM to run my truck. We added support for Mivec, VICS, Knock sensors, electric fan control, (ODB II for those who do not have it), wide band, forced induction that is all PNP in to the stock harness of the NL trucks. In my case my NK comes with the same motor as the NL (here in the states) only difference is the wiring harness is 4 plug vs 3 in the later trucks. You just install the ECU + wideband and tune it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiI9oKfD...-by=leosrawkus
Can you tell me what the trigger set up is for the NL 3.5? My 3.5 DOHC swapped SWB has a Haltech installed but the car isn't running at the moment due to the factory trigger setup not talking to the Haltech.

It was configured with an Evo 10 trigger setup because the Haltech doesn't have any available settings for the 6G74 in the drop down menus but clearly this isn't correct as we have no spark at all.
Old 13-06-18

well it needs to be set to 6g72 type assuming that you are using the correct notch blade for the that setup. Ignition needs to be setup for wasted spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchypip View Post
Can you tell me what the trigger set up is for the NL 3.5? My 3.5 DOHC swapped SWB has a Haltech installed but the car isn't running at the moment due to the factory trigger setup not talking to the Haltech.

It was configured with an Evo 10 trigger setup because the Haltech doesn't have any available settings for the 6G74 in the drop down menus but clearly this isn't correct as we have no spark at all.
1997 NK (coil) 3.8 Mivec Hybrid motor, PNP Engine management, 3X lockers, extractors, Billstien 5100 shocks, king springs, GLX brake upgrade with slotted rotors front and back. 33inch MT's and 4.63 gears.
Old 24-06-19

Would love help here too.

I have a 96 swb 6G74 Paj and would love to tune it.
Is there anyway at all? Or an ecu swap with the Pajero evo?

Thanks again
Old 24-06-19
Valued Member

An ecu from a nl is likely than b the easiest swap however it would cost you the manifold butterflies the knock sensor and will require custom wiring. if you are seriously considering look up early eclipse to h8 ecu swaps. it refers tax the 4 cyl ecus but these are very similar and the pinouts where applicable are th same.

.... and 1990 Nissan Z32 300zx for on road shenanigans