• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dhula
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • South of Perth

I was thinking more that you'd have to pull the switch up hence my tongue in cheek ditty

Kinda like the switches we have now just with an extra 'step' at the top that is auto up (the auto down in reverse)
    2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
    2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• Lance
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2009
      • Melbourne

Ohhh.......DUH...........now I'm withya..............
      2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
      2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

• Moci
        • Sep 2014
        • Balkan, Europe

Originally posted by dhula View Post
        Kinda like the switches we have now just with an extra 'step' at the top that is auto up (the auto down in reverse)
        Yes, it's exactly like that with extra steps on both sides up and down for auto.
        NP Pajero 3.2DiD auto GLS Exceed 2004 LWB Gold metallic color, 275/50 R20 MAK wheels ET20 polished, 2" Lift kit, EGR blanked off, Chip, Leather electric seats, Xenon lights, LED/Angel eyes projector headlights, Led daytime lights in bumper, Led roof lights, Led tail lights, Full led interior, Led dash, Color factory display, Chrome bullbar, Dual battery, Rear spoiler with lip, Tinted windows, Kenwood sound system, TeamHeko wind deflectors, 2din DVD player with reverse camera and GPS navigation

Comment

• El_Freddo
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2018
          • Bridgewater, Vic

Originally posted by Moci View Post
          Yes, it's exactly like that with extra steps on both sides up and down for auto.
          I wonder how hard this would be to retro fit to our NP and have it work as intended.

Cheers

Bennie
          2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

• El_Freddo
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2018
            • Bridgewater, Vic

Originally posted by Roofchop View Post
            All cars with auto up have the obstruction sensors. (in civilized countries!)

There would be too many companies getting sued for injured/maimed people large or small....
            No they don’t. Toyota commuter van - auto up and down, no “safety down” feature; and I think a Holden Captiva was the same.

On the flip side, my boss’s Tiguan has the obstruction sensors - a little soft for my liking. But that vehicle also comes with all four windows as auto up/down - and via remote too. Full Gucci.

Personally I don’t see the issue with not having the obstruction sensors for the auto up function. And it’s not like you, me or anyone else has heard of this being an issue, otherwise you’d be reading about it on Facebook and the nightly news, and current affair would probably try to “actively” do something about it too...

So, anyone know a work around for auto up?

Cheers

Bennie
            2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

• Roofchop
              • Jul 2018
              • Carool, Australia

Just hold the button up for a whole 2 seconds.....

Not sure how much real science happened, but with pretty high confidence I suggest not crushing your finger in a car window.Support us on Patreon: https://ww...

2007 NS 3.8 V6 GLX Auto

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

Not sure how much real science happened, but with pretty high confidence I suggest not crushing your finger in a car window.Support us on Patreon: https://ww...

I hope your joking Rooftop. Thats 2 seconds I could use to take a selfie or post a photo of my cup of coffee on farcebook. 2 seconds I could text to my wife sitting in the passenger seat next to me. . Sorry Rooftop...my time is valuable...
                Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Roofchop
                  • Jul 2018
                  • Carool, Australia

Ha Ha... I timed mine yesterday and it's about 4 seconds! Need to silicone lube my seals

And it's Roofchop....
                  2007 NS 3.8 V6 GLX Auto

Comment

• El_Freddo
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2018
                    • Bridgewater, Vic

I’d rather know fingers can be jammed in the window on the auto up than have some drug f’d muppet get their hand in the window as it’s winding up and end up jacking the from me or my family!

Plus when I want to use auto up it’s usually as you’re driving away - allowing the driver to have two hands on the wheel!

As I said earlier - a 1984 Subaru could do it, finger jamming feature and all, but we can’t do it in this day and age because fingers can be damaged? Should we get rid of doors because they can crush fingers too??

It’s ridiculous! One small, useful feature that’s not included because of the remote possibility some fingers could get stuck in the window. Anyone got any media articles highlighting fingers stuck in auto up electric windows?

I’d still like to know of a work around on only having auto down.

Cheers

Bennie

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2017
                      • Sydney

Originally posted by El_Freddo View Post
                      I’d rather know fingers can be jammed in the window on the auto up than have some drug f’d muppet get their hand in the window as it’s winding up and end up jacking the from me or my family!

Plus when I want to use auto up it’s usually as you’re driving away - allowing the driver to have two hands on the wheel!

As I said earlier - a 1984 Subaru could do it, finger jamming feature and all, but we can’t do it in this day and age because fingers can be damaged? Should we get rid of doors because they can crush fingers too??

It’s ridiculous! One small, useful feature that’s not included because of the remote possibility some fingers could get stuck in the window. Anyone got any media articles highlighting fingers stuck in auto up electric windows?

I’d still like to know of a work around on only having auto down.

Cheers

Bennie

The ridiculous part is that little kids (the ones most likely to do it) can’t even reach the top of the window frame when they’re strapped into the seats (or even kids seats) which is the time it’s most likely to occur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X