• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Miner
    • Apr 2019
    • Abu Dhabi

Clunking Noises from Rear

As above... convinced it’s from the interior as it’s done it since as far as I can remember, pre and post lift... tried checking all sorts but can’t isolate anything. Sounds like rear right side mostly (to me sat in front left - LHD). Is the rear as noisy as the dash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • underdog
    • Jan 2015
    • Campbelltown, NSW.

Originally posted by Miner View Post
    As above... convinced it’s from the interior as it’s done it since as far as I can remember, pre and post lift... tried checking all sorts but can’t isolate anything. Sounds like rear right side mostly (to me sat in front left - LHD). Is the rear as noisy as the dash?

This is almost always caused by the tailgate latch and the rubber stopper paired with it.
    Adjust it a couple hundred times until there's a mild amount of tension on the tailgate once it's closed and your clunking should go away.
    2011 Pajero NW GL 3.2 Auto
    Bullbar, spotlights, twin wheel carrier, snorkel, spv, uhf, 3" lift, cargo barrier, bushskinz, 285/70/17 M/T, 2.5m awning, Waeco CFX40, DIY rear storage, drawers, fridge slide & dog floor, Intervolt EBI Pro, 105ah + 65ah batteries, 65L Abber tank & 12v pump.

Comment

• Miner
      • Apr 2019
      • Abu Dhabi

Thanks underdog... they did this for me a year or so ago when it developed into a clicking noise going over sharp bumps. Got them to check the car over before I disappeared into the dunes for the weekend. They reset the tailgate and packed the spare whelk cover with cardboard. Took some of the noises out but not them all. Will check that again.

Going to get the mrs to drive me over some rough ground whilst I’m in the back... sure she’ll love that. [emoji85][emoji1]

Comment

• Malferg
        • May 2017
        • Kallaroo WA

Originally posted by Miner View Post

I was almost driven crazy with clunking noises from the rear of my car. Tried everything but couldn't find the source. Final putting a bit of silicone grease on the back door rubber stoppers sorted the problem out immediately

Comment

• Miner
          • Apr 2019
          • Abu Dhabi

Now that is worth trying... thanks. [emoji41]

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X