• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Originally posted by AndyP100 View Post
    Yes I bought it from a dealer but they are up in the Hunter Valley and I am on the Central Coast and they are not a Mitsubishi dealer. Before I bought it I rang the local Mitsubishi dealer and asked them to look up the VIN number and that's when they said it had no outstanding recalls.
    I'll ring them again and ask about a check up.
    Yes there is a statuary warranty but it's a couple of hour drive to take it back so it would be good to find out if it as anything major before all that mucking around.
    Ring the dealer you bought it from is there anywhere local you can take it ... and if they will cover the cost for a diagnostic...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• AndyP100
      • Feb 2019
      • Yattalunga

Thanks possibly solved

Thanks everyone.
      I found in the old receipts one for a time when it was missing before. The problem had been that a pin on the connector for the MAF sensor had come loose and they pushed it back in. Thinking it could be the same thing, I pulled off the connector to check and cleaned the MAF at the same time. Didn't find any bad pin but cleaned up that and most of the other connections that I could get at. It now seems to be fixed (touch-wood), I drove it to work and back today 80km and so far no problem, so Ill see how it goes.

So thanks to everyone.

Comment

• Seigried
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2016
        • brisbane

Wow.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• old Jack
          Regular
          • Jun 2011
          • Adelaide, South Australia.

Thanks everyone.
          I found in the old receipts one for a time when it was missing before. The problem had been that a pin on the connector for the MAF sensor had come loose and they pushed it back in. Thinking it could be the same thing, I pulled off the connector to check and cleaned the MAF at the same time. Didn't find any bad pin but cleaned up that and most of the other connections that I could get at. It now seems to be fixed (touch-wood), I drove it to work and back today 80km and so far no problem, so Ill see how it goes.

So thanks to everyone.
          Hi Andy,

Around 2011-2012 there was a HotFix from Mitsubishi that involved the replacing of the wiring loom and plug that is attached to the MAF sensor. There was a problem between this plug and the plug on the main loom, they tried twisting the pins, putting conductive grease inside the plug but these actions did no work so a replacement plug and half loom was spliced in to the MAF sensor loom. You can tell if this has been done as there is a lump in the loom where the joins have been taped over. If this HotFIx was not done correctly then it could give problems, or of it was not done at all then maybe it needs doing. I am supeised that it is a MAF sensor issue since your problem only is noticeable between 1600 and 2000 rpm.

There is now a Hot Fix for the connectivity problem between the MAF sensor and the sensor plug, resistance builds up and the engine de-tunes itself, resulting in over fueling and large amounts of black smoke from the exhaust. The fix takes about 2 hours and involves the MAF sensor being replaced and a new plug and loom needs

OJ.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• AndyP100
            • Feb 2019
            • Yattalunga

Thanks, I will have a look for that joint this weekend. So far it seems to be working. It sounds like a known problem. I really can't be sure if it was the contacts or just cleaning the sensor that did it, but if it does it again, I'll try just one thing at a time.

Comment

• Challenged79
              • Jan 2019
              • Eagle Point, Victoria

I had this problem a week ago.
              My guess was an injector blockage or something like that.

I simply drove it like a race car for a few minutes (shifted at 4000rpm), which I never normally do.
              This seemed to clear it out and it's been fine ever since. I will put some injector cleaner in my next tank as well.

Comment

• timwoods
                • Jan 2011
                • Darwin

Thanks, I will have a look for that joint this weekend. So far it seems to be working. It sounds like a known problem. I really can't be sure if it was the contacts or just cleaning the sensor that did it, but if it does it again, I'll try just one thing at a time.
                How did you clean the sensor?

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2016
                  • Greater Sydney

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X