Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Website Feedback

Website Feedback Tell us what you do like and don't like about the forum.

Old 10-07-15
Valued Member

Default Posting links to thread

Hi All,

I have noticed quite a few people posting links to the whole thread and then say to goto a page number of read a post number. You can actually right-click (on a computer) or press-and-hold (on smart phones) on the post number on the top right of each post and then copy the link. You can then paste this link into a post for referral. This way, others reading it can click on the link and read the relevant post straight off. Also good for those with limited data on smart phones not to have to trawl through pages of posts.

E.g. The following post where I mentioned which dealer was selling NX nudge bars on the cheap inlcuding installation for $275.
http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...3&postcount=18
Old 10-07-15

You can also take it a step further if you like. I've done this with the 'table of contents' thingo at the start of my build thread.

If you post (without quotations):

Quote:
"http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=446890"

Instead of:

Quote:
"http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=446890&postcount=139"
(ie change showpost to showthread and remove the '&postcount' from the link) instead of sending you to a page that has JUST the post in question (which means you cant see any other posts in the thread) it will take you to that post within the thread but still allow you to scroll through everything else.
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.