Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Body and Soul

Body and Soul Discussion about the chassis and body, paintwork, cabin fittings, air conditioning, etc.

Old 24-11-15

Only just got my Pajero but prior to this vehicle we would wash the underside pull the wheels and make sure all the dirt and mud was washed off, then spray the whole thing with lanotec. Time consuming but is the best way i know to prevent rust, do it every 3 months or so.

http://lanotec.com.au/product/genera...iquid-lanolin/
Old 24-11-15

I just bought a flexi spray head for my Karcher pressure cleaner ($44 from Bunnings) and it's great. The head swivels 180+ degrees up and down and 360 degrees round and round, so can be fixed in pretty much any position you want.

Great for aiming upwards and moving it back and forward under the car, angle it as needed to clean in and behind the wheel wells and wheels and it got right up under all the lips and everything.

Now all I have to do is deal with the mud left on the driveway...
Twin batteries, FuelManager 30 micron filter, Airtek snorkel, Rhino Pioneer tray, Foxwing awning, TJM bull bar, 9500lb winch, 2" lift + HD progressive rate springs + Polyair bags, 75 litre water tank + electric pump, custom fridge slide, custom drawers
Old 24-11-15
Banned

Interesting I take my NS on the beach 5 to7 ? times a month try to keep up on the dry if possible and have never bother to wash underneath. Had the NS on the hoist last week looking for a rattle and couldn't find any rust apart for a few nuts and bolts that had surface rust . So big question do modern cars rust ??
Old 24-11-15
Valued Member

My paj tries to. Mostly on the areas that get sandblasted like leading edges of sidestep runners, front of control arms, bolts etc.

My rear brakes seized earlier on this year after Fraser Island 1 of 2. This was my fault on account of not driving it after flushing and leaving the car parked for an extended period. Make sure you flush the brakes

It's impossible to keep the vehicle dry up these parts as water seeps through the beach and you have a multitude of creek crossings.

The car was rust proofed when new and I use lanolin underneath. Various Bolts get unwound and soaked in the stuff.
Old 24-11-15

Cheaper than CT18...

http://www.koalakare.com.au/home/pro...rda-truckwash/
Old 24-11-15
Who ya gunna call....

Normal garden hose to get the mud off underneath. 15 mins tops.

Both NP and NS saw salt. Pressure washers not good for seals.

How many rusty gen 3 or 4's have you seen?
Old 30-11-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausGeoff View Post
Mate
Where can you buy the truck wash?
2007 VRX DID Auto Champagne; MM Bull bar; 100w HID Spotties; SPV Mod; Cooper ST Maxx 265/65/18's; Prodigy P2 controller; full roof racks; diff and trans breathers. B&L S/D lift kit; polyairs; internal LED's; Bushskinz X4 bash plates; dual battery kit; waeco cfx 40; Auto valve kit upgrade
Lots to come in time ;
Old 01-12-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backpaje View Post
Mate
Where can you buy the truck wash?
Pedder Sales Melbourne
(Contact: Terry Pedderson)
P O Box 499,
BRENTWOOD SQUARE (Blackburn North) 3133

Phone: +61 412 548 408
Mobile: +61 412 548 408
Old 22-03-16

I'll second this, it's fantastic.

They also make a huge spray on wheels you roll under it like a trolley jack, but I didn't think it looked like it would do as good a job. It would have the advantage though of being able to leave it there spraying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana Chatty View Post
I just bought a flexi spray head for my Karcher pressure cleaner ($44 from Bunnings) and it's great. The head swivels 180+ degrees up and down and 360 degrees round and round, so can be fixed in pretty much any position you want.

Great for aiming upwards and moving it back and forward under the car, angle it as needed to clean in and behind the wheel wells and wheels and it got right up under all the lips and everything.

Now all I have to do is deal with the mud left on the driveway...
As for the mud on the driveway, I seem to be moving most of Thargomindah back to my house, one car full of mud at a time. It's a very red mud.

I've found the trick is to wash it off my drive, into the gutter .... Then make sure I flush it at least past the drive next door to me. That way, when the sides of the entire street are caked in red dirt it looks like it originated a couple of doors down from me

RIP: Lost in 2011 QLD floods - 1995 NK GLX 2.8D, 5-speed Manual. ARB Bullbar, Spotties, Cargo Barrier, Tow Bar, Turbo Timer.