Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Body and Soul

Body and Soul Discussion about the chassis and body, paintwork, cabin fittings, air conditioning, etc.

Old 16-03-15
Valued Member

Default What did you hate about the pajero and how did you fix it

Let's be honest no vehicle (that I could afford anyway) is perfect, they all have off quirks or little bugs that we who like to tinker often find creative aka genius ways of fixing, thought it would be cool to do a thread of such genius solutions

-glove box rattles, did the common self adhesive rubber feet lined up with the standard rubber stoppers to add pressure.

-low beam headlights were utter garbage, replaced globes with slightly modified osram H9 globes made a world of difference for $18 and is only 100 lumon above legal (without washers) a good useful colour temp too.

Factory Rear Diff lock | Modded Traction Control | Hankook RT03 MT LT265/70/17 | Uniden 7760nb UHF | Opposite Lock 3 Loop steel bar with fog lights |Runva EXW12000 | Bushskinz plates and sliders |Ultimate Suspension true 50mm Lift (above factory trim)

Wishlist:
Old 16-03-15
Valued Member

I've only had the NT for a couple of months but so far I've;
Added a proper foot rest
( http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=24211 )

And modified the Traction Control system so it works when the rear diff lock is engaged
( http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=16233&highlight=diff+lock+mod )

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
Old 17-03-15
Valued Member

Issue - dash rattle on corrugated dirt.

Fix - No real fix other than to lower tyre pressures and try to find the speed that the vibration reduces at. Failing that, buy an 80 Series / Patrol with a rubber isolated body on chassis. :-)
'Shrek' 2002 NM GLS 2.8TD manual. ARB bar. HD King springs & Bilsteins. Bridgestone D674LT. Milford Cargo Barrier. Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards. Exedy solid flywheel. 25mm core radiator. 2.5" exhaust. Airtec snorkel. Engel MT45, Projecta 150A isolator, 120A AGM battery in 3rd row. ARB bar, Fyrlyts & 30" LED lightbar Pics + 2015 Isuzu MU-X with all the fruit.
Old 17-03-15
Valued Member

I have also pretty much decided that as far as dash rattles go... I guess this is my life now.

The foot rest looks interesting, have to look into that.

I also hate that my rear door squeaks where the rubber locator block fits into the metal receiver once a week i now give it a spray with some silicon spray

Factory Rear Diff lock | Modded Traction Control | Hankook RT03 MT LT265/70/17 | Uniden 7760nb UHF | Opposite Lock 3 Loop steel bar with fog lights |Runva EXW12000 | Bushskinz plates and sliders |Ultimate Suspension true 50mm Lift (above factory trim)

Wishlist:
Old 17-03-15
Who ya gunna call....

The way asc kicks in so I just left it in 4x4. Hardly changed fuel eco at all.
Old 17-03-15
Valued Member

Not being able to open the rear door when towing....

Fix, the Auto McHitch

Cheers,
Sally

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575
Old 17-03-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisVegas View Post
Issue - dash rattle on corrugated dirt.

Fix - No real fix other than to lower tyre pressures and try to find the speed that the vibration reduces at. Failing that, buy an 80 Series / Patrol with a rubber isolated body on chassis. :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabear View Post
I have also pretty much decided that as far as dash rattles go... I guess this is my life now.
You boys (or girls?) may find this dash rattle thread interesting.

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=33057 (I know this is for gen 4's but hopefully there is some info transferable to you gen 3's??)

I should have added dash rattle to my list of hates - I've done the 'cable tie mod' too

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
Old 17-03-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geopaj View Post
You boys (or girls?) may find this dash rattle thread interesting.

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=33057 (I know this is for gen 4's but hopefully there is some info transferable to you gen 3's??)

I should have added dash rattle to my list of hates - I've done the 'cable tie mod' too

What exactly is this "cable tie mod" you speak of

Wishlist:
Old 17-03-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabear View Post
The foot rest looks interesting, have to look into that.

I also hate that my rear door squeaks where the rubber locator block fits into the metal receiver once a week i now give it a spray with some silicon spray
I find the door squeaks also if I get sand or dirt rubbing between the door seal and the body. It's pretty evident as there are wear marks from the 70,000kms before I bought the car. I clean that out and spray the seal with silicone spray also.
2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com
Old 17-03-15
Valued Member

I found out after much 4wding without a lift that theres a bar connecting the two sides of the suspension in the rear. It's just infront of the diff and I'd bent it back to touch the diff. Funny though it's attached on two studs and when I removed it I found two threads next to these studs. Thought If I can straighten this up I'll bolt it as well as so theres 4 attachment points.

Long story short I couldn't fix it so found one at the wreckers off a Gen 3 no less which surprise surprise uses all 4x attachment points.
2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com