Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Website Feedback

Website Feedback Tell us what you do like and don't like about the forum.

Old 21-09-12
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to JoshF

I noticed something very similar on the 4WD action forum recently.

I agree it is better to delete the bad but especially anything that is good so the balance is maintained and the product isn't seen to be better than it really is.

Dave are we allowed to do very cynical good reviews instead??
NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Last edited by JoshF; 21-09-12 at 10:39 PM.
Old 21-09-12
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshF View Post
I noticed something very similar on the 4WD action forum
Yeah bitchin.

Cynical reviews welcome!
Dave
Old 21-09-12
Valued Member

Whenever you do a search for a product online, 9/10's of the time they're asking for a review of it!
However, companies that try to gag customers, need to go back to marketing-101 & relearn that 90% of sales for successful businesses come from return-customers & 'word-of-mouth' recommendations!

A simple solution to the issue is to have a 'sticky-thread' with the names of companies who for legal reasons forumites aren't to mention on the forum!?! Otherwise threads/posts are removed as requested, then someone else gives their opinion to another inquiry from someone who's done a search & found nothing. If we know there's a ban on giving honest feedback to a particular product then we wont, but we need to know.....
That said, neither is it fair to be critical of a company you've bought something faulty from, without giving them the opportunity to rectify the problem 1st!

Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
"I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"
Old 21-09-12

For shits n giggles call the dumb pricks bluff
I'm willing to chip in

So from now on not a single bad review can be written on anything ??
Welcome to communism
Old 22-09-12
Valued Member

Come to think of it, I have found little information about some campers on some of the forums for some well advertised brands.

I still think some or all of the forum should be locked off to anonymous people for reviews of equipment, block search engines seeing it.

In the web hosting world I regularly see this (I have to pass on "legal" requests to remove content, if the client doesnt within 48 hours the account is suspended)

Last edited by marquis; 22-09-12 at 07:56 AM.
Old 22-09-12
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coley_83 View Post
So from now on not a single bad review can be written on anything ??
Welcome to communism
I don't think it will be that bad, maybe scathing attacks will be frowned on. We know where we stand legally so it's not the end of the world here.
The thread in question was back in late 2010 , so it had been up for a while. Supposedly the crowd has picked their game up a bit in regard to quality. But simply I think we would have been a lot happier for them to contact us direct and not through solicitors if they had a problem with statements on this forum.
Dave
Old 22-09-12
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquis View Post
I still think some or all of the forum should be locked off to anonymous people for reviews of equipment, block search engines seeing it.
The only two sub forums the public cannot see are FAQ and Gold Class. I really don't think we need a load of people to sign up to read the forum because the whole lot is closed off and only members see it. But another one closed off for complaints could be a goer.
Dave
Old 22-09-12
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to peter92 Send a message via Skype™ to peter92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
The only two sub forums the public cannot see are FAQ and Gold Class. I really don't think we need a load of people to sign up to read the forum because the whole lot is closed off and only members see it. But another one closed off for complaints could be a goer.
Dave
i think thats a good idea, as we need some where we can discuss good and bad quality with out any one getting in the shi,
regards peter
SKYPE NAME possum.58
Old 22-09-12
Valued Member

We, being Pajero owners and drivers, are a HUGE market for manufacturers of products such as Camper Trailers. It just seems wrong that 'we' should be gagged from providing feedback of products to other such owners and drivers. If manufacturers want to find out how their product sits in the market, then by all means read/search/troll this forum. If any feedback you find is positive, then pat yourselves on the back, increase the marketing on the product and reap the benefits. If the feedback is negative then learn from it, accept the criticism then MAKE CHANGES TO THE PRLODUCT. Don't target the customer just because he found the product to be Grossly Inadequate Crap.

It doesn't matter if its Pajero Club Forum, Pradopoint or any such site associated with 4WD owners, if you put crap on the market, word is going to get around. This is the age of social communications, you can't hide behind the thin veil of a shiny coat of paint for long, you will get found out.

Cheers,

Calspec
01 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto, SVI LPG, Pacemakers, Alloy Bar, IPF lights, GME TX3440, OME/King Suspension, 2" Lift, Toyo OCII 75's, 2500Kg Tow Hitch, Milford Cargo Barrier, ARB Fridge, ABR Dual Battery isolator, Rear storage drawers, Hema Navigator 7, JVC 7" In dash DVD, TJM Compressor, 2.5T Hand winch and all the bits that go with it, and a 17' Jayco Westport.
Old 22-09-12
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calspec View Post
We, being Pajero owners and drivers, are a HUGE market for manufacturers of products such as Camper Trailers. It just seems wrong that 'we' should be gagged from providing feedback of products to other such owners and drivers. If manufacturers want to find out how their product sits in the market, then by all means read/search/troll this forum. If any feedback you find is positive, then pat yourselves on the back, increase the marketing on the product and reap the benefits. If the feedback is negative then learn from it, accept the criticism then MAKE CHANGES TO THE PRLODUCT. Don't target the customer just because he found the product to be Grossly Inadequate Crap.

It doesn't matter if its Pajero Club Forum, Pradopoint or any such site associated with 4WD owners, if you put crap on the market, word is going to get around. This is the age of social communications, you can't hide behind the thin veil of a shiny coat of paint for long, you will get found out.

Cheers,

Calspec
And that is so true
Dave