Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Old 30-12-11

Default Why do people hate my Pajero?

Just picked up my first 4x4 and im happy to say it is a NM MY02 ive loved them from the first time my boss got one for his wife 10yrs ago. Now the problem im having right now is that everbody keeps telling me that im dumb for getting it as the Toyota and Nissan have a better rep for being off road. Even the rude pricks at ARB had a chuckle when they asked me what car i was looking to fit out. I never plan on going back there again after that. So what im looking for is someone to tell me that i havent just blown $12k. The truck is 100% running and looking it is an Exceed with just under 240k on the clock. Any info and support would be great.
Old 30-12-11
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

You haven't wasted your dollars at all and your certainly not dumb. In fact I would go so far as to say your an educated man for not falling for the toyota/nissan are better 4wd verbal diarrhea that's bandied about. As for ARB, vote with your feet, but I would also send head office an email about their boof head sales men and chuckle back at them for being so uneducated in regards to 4wd's they just wiped off a potential customer from their books

BTW, welcome along.

Shane.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 30-12-11
Valued Member

Great choice of car M8. I have done the Cape and other trips and the only issue I have seen with the Paj is a problem with smashing the rear windows. (Every second Paj up there had one). I can tell you my Paj has towed and snatched out many a Toyota and Nissan, and then driven straight past where they had gotten stuck. You won't regret your purchase.
NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.
Old 30-12-11
Valued Member

Don't sweat House.
You've done OK, sounds like a good deal and it will keep you happy in the bush or outback for a long time yet.
Old 30-12-11

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Its good to see there is a site like this for Pajero owners ive been on a few sites for Toyota and Nissan and the only advise they seem to always give out to there members is to upgrade parts or go to a dealer to see what the problem is. Im so wrapped that i got the car and am even more so now that i know i can alway find help if needed. Thanks for everything and im sure ill be back on this site asking millions of questions once i start working on it. Have a great new year. House
Old 30-12-11
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Just picked up my first 4x4 and im happy to say it is a NM MY02 ive loved them from the first time my boss got one for his wife 10yrs ago. Now the problem im having right now is that everbody keeps telling me that im dumb for getting it as the Toyota and Nissan have a better rep for being off road. Even the rude pricks at ARB had a chuckle when they asked me what car i was looking to fit out. I never plan on going back there again after that. So what im looking for is someone to tell me that i havent just blown $12k. The truck is 100% running and looking it is an Exceed with just under 240k on the clock. Any info and support would be great.
Let it slide they just don't know any better.. My NM has done 218,000ks with plenty of serious Off Road.. Just have a look through the Gen 3 section & you'll see what your NM is capable off, (just make sure you go out with a few guys 1st up being your 1st 4WDrive better still do a 4WDrive training course), with a few small mods they can hold their own against any toyota, nissan & the like...

Oh & don't worry about that clown at the ARB store as he doesn't represent the majority of ARB Dealers out there.. I struck 1 a few years back & rang ARB head Office was put in touch with another who couldn't do enough for me..

Gus.

PS. Welcome to the forum..

How to get Forum Decals
Old 30-12-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Its good to see there is a site like this for Pajero owners ive been on a few sites for Toyota and Nissan and the only advise they seem to always give out to there members is to upgrade parts or go to a dealer to see what the problem is. Im so wrapped that i got the car and am even more so now that i know i can alway find help if needed. Thanks for everything and im sure ill be back on this site asking millions of questions once i start working on it. Have a great new year. House
Thats one thing i love about this forum. Im all the way over here in Perth and these guys go out of there way to best advise and diagnose any issues or queries I might have. Makes for a great forum and a great club i think.
I got the NM about 6 months ago and i think its a bloody brilliant vehicle on and off road. only dramas i have had is a change in clutch solenoids and clearance issues/ lack of driving experience/ taking the correct line and doing some cosmetic damage. trust me i do love that car.
Brush off all the crap you hear because everywhere ive been the nissans and the toyotas get just as bogged as everyone else.
Old 30-12-11

Don't let it worry you mate. My old man has an Exceed 2000 model with similar kms from new, still looks great and hasn't skipped a beat. Very, very capable in the right hands.
I had an stock NH a few years back and it outdid many fourbies (toyotas and nissans included).
I've just gotten rid of a 4runner that i absolutley hated - good riddance! I've picked up an '02 NM 3.2 TD GLS and love it - i wasn't even considering anything other than a Pajero.
Old 30-12-11

Got me an 03 NP a few months ago and pretty much stock standard and i have taken it out bush in the gold-fields and have loved every minute of it.

even the wife enjoys driving out bush and thru mud puddles getting it dirty.
Old 30-12-11
Valued Member

It usually just 'blinkered' brand-loyalty, & I especially detest paying extra just for the 'name' no matter what the product!
Porsche owners say the same thing about Mercedes, & absolutely ridicule anyone owning a non-European car, but a stock Nissan GTR-X is quicker around the Nurburgring track than any stock Porsche!!!

Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
"I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"