Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seigried View Post
I had this on my NS. Replaced fuel lines filters maf and map clean fixed mine. Still need to do the in tank filter for piece of mind.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I'm having a related issue. Not surging as such, but an intermittent flat spot, mostly with engine cold, around 3000rpm. Feels as though it's starved of diesel or missing, but put the foot down and she goes fine and problem disappears. Fuel lines were replaced along with new injectors 2 months ago. Have bought an SCV but not fitted yet, thinking that this problem is not the 'surging' that is normally associated with SCV wear.
Sounds like MAP and MAF clean are the go? When the problem occurs, fuel rail pressure is perfectly stable. Boost pressure also stable. So maybe MAF rather than MAP?
What's the best stuff and procedure to use to clean the MAF? If there a MAF cleaner? Or does one use carby cleaner?
Cheers, StarJunk
'08 NS GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T...daily driver. Wake up and Drive!