Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Body and Soul

Body and Soul Discussion about the chassis and body, paintwork, cabin fittings, air conditioning, etc.

Old 18-07-16

Default Sub- Woofer Rattle

Hi,
Even when on low there are a few things rattling like crazy when I listen to my music due the sub. It sounds terrible like the whole car is rattling. I have a MY2015 Pajero Exceed

Everything is tied down as much as possible, but I still cant get rid of it. I'm sure it cant sound like this on purpose. Even when the volume is low it still rattles

Anybody got any tips on likely candidates that are rattling or where is good to check and deaden?
Old 18-07-16
Valued Member

Those rattles are just like the window panes of my house when the pimps are cruising the streets. Maybe it's the low profile tyres and lowered suspension that does it ?

Sorry no help to you. You may gather I'm no fan of the doof doof (just noise of another kind imho).
Old 18-07-16
Valued Member

Lots of times it is the body panels/trim. This can be fixed using 2 methods, both of which take a bit of work. If it is body panels, then you can simply stick on some bitumen based tiles which add weight to your panels, lowering their resonant frequency, like Dynamat or Stinger Roadkill. If it is trim then you can buy similar stuff but that is like a thick paint which you paint on the back of the trim with a paint brush.

Kingbrown, doof doof is stupid, but a correctly tuned system doesn't draw attention and sounds really nice and adds another level to the music. After all, it's only playing what the artist has recorded, without it you are missing some of the music.
Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Stedi driving/fog light combo + LED headlights, dual battery, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone
Old 18-07-16
Valued Member

Disconnect the sub and see if it disappears. If it does throw the sub away.

doof, doof , doof

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more..
Old 08-10-16

besides the plastic side wall covers rateling the biggest issue is the plate that holds the amplyfier.
it's located behind the subwoofer box. i removed every thing and put some soft material behind it and that killed the most of the thrashing sound. the soft material i used is the stuff you sleep on when you are going camping, not sure what the english word is
Attached Images
File Type: jpg amp.jpg (192.3 KB, 145 views)
Old 03-07-17

In case someone stumbles upon this thread, I've just solved a rattle coming from the sub area. As lasse.b says above, the amp is prone to vibration. Mine would rattle when driving, not just with music playing loudly. I found it was caused by the four bolts holding the amp mount to the body needing to be tightened slightly. They are just visible in the photo above, two on either side. Nip them up and enjoy the sound of silence.
Old 23-08-19

Old thread I know but it may help if you try tightening this thing...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D6C95F15-093F-48AD-AACF-3680508F9BD9.jpg (30.9 KB, 27 views)