• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ticky
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

I just put a pioneer Avic F80DAB in mine replacing the MMCS.
    The most difficult part was running the Camera Cable but I ran it through the big Floppy grommet from the back of the car to the rear door & then through the grommet into the spare wheel carrier.

The rest of the wiring was pretty straight forward, I dont have an Amp but the unit can accommodate one.

The Unit sounds great even through the OEM Speakers, The Maps are a treat compared to the crappy MMCS and it also has CarPlay and Android Auto. It tells you the speed limit and your speed at a glance. & Digital Radio. So nice to have Digital Radio.

It has 2 camera Inputs, 2USB Inputs, Card Reader, HDMI and stuff I havent even discovered yet.

There is only one bad thing about this unit and that is the price, but I got lucky there and got an Ex Demo with full warranty.

Steve
    2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• tryan277
      • Sep 2010
      • Melbourne South East Suburbs

Thanks to those who offered their surplus MMCS for sale
      I had arranged with executive here in Melbourne to buy his. Before I went to see him I plugged my "dead" unit in to extract the map cd. This function of the unit was still working.
      Low and behold it starting working as it should, damm electronics. Has been working for the last 5 days without fault. Got the fingers and toes crossed after typing that!!!!
      As an aside I downloaded the latest version of the map cd talked about on another thread and works a treat.

Trevor
      Pajero 2010 NT VRX Diesel Auto

Comment

• executive
        • May 2011
        • Melbourne - Doncaster

Originally posted by tryan277 View Post
        Thanks to those who offered their surplus MMCS for sale
        I had arranged with executive here in Melbourne to buy his. Before I went to see him I plugged my "dead" unit in to extract the map cd. This function of the unit was still working.
        Low and behold it starting working as it should, damm electronics. Has been working for the last 5 days without fault. Got the fingers and toes crossed after typing that!!!!
        As an aside I downloaded the latest version of the map cd talked about on another thread and works a treat.

Trevor
        Well done mate .
        Electronic issues do come up every now and then .My water pump under the Rear drawer stoped working last summer as the breather hose was plugged and I forgot to remove the plug .

The pump did not work for a week and when I went to replace it with a new unit it magically started to work and has been working fine for over 12 month.

Enjoy

Comment

• wrfreak
          • Jun 2012
          • Bungendore

Quick update, got my new pioneer stereo in. Very happy with it, just need to get the reversing camera working.

Comment

• madmagna
            • Nov 2010
            • Melbourne

Am looking in my NT Platinum which has the full Rockford and Sub to install an Android head unit.

Have for many years done audio installations as I specailise in these vehicles however to be honest have not ever had to work around the Rockford System

What I would like to know, can I wire into the standard system in the vehicle and still use all the Amps, Sub, Speakers, Camera etc etc or will I need to start from scratch.

My MMCS is working fine, has current maps in it even however it annoys me with a lot of the missing features and only has Apple input which means I have to use an IPod in the glove box as all my phones etc are all Android.

Guess what I am asking is can I just patch straight into the original plug and does anyone have the pin outs of what is there in the MMCS set up

Cheers

Comment

• Dave_1
              • Feb 2011
              • Melbourne

Originally posted by madmagna View Post
              Am looking in my NT Platinum which has the full Rockford and Sub to install an Android head unit.

Have for many years done audio installations as I specailise in these vehicles however to be honest have not ever had to work around the Rockford System

What I would like to know, can I wire into the standard system in the vehicle and still use all the Amps, Sub, Speakers, Camera etc etc or will I need to start from scratch.

My MMCS is working fine, has current maps in it even however it annoys me with a lot of the missing features and only has Apple input which means I have to use an IPod in the glove box as all my phones etc are all Android.

Guess what I am asking is can I just patch straight into the original plug and does anyone have the pin outs of what is there in the MMCS set up

Cheers

You need the Mito-02 adapter to turn the amplifier on. Should be relatively straightforward if you use this adapter and have RCA outs on the head unit you are putting in. I am just trying to find a Mito-02 for for my platinum NT so that i can install the Kenwood headunit I purchased.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• NJV6
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2010
                • New Zealand

Is it possible to buy any of these units with a built in hard drive? And can you run a decent mapping program on them such as an app you would purchase for your phone?

I run NZ topo maps, a detailed topography map where reception is not required and would like to replace my factory system with a system where I dont need any other screens in the vehicle
                1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
                1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
                2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• 85L200Express
                  • Mar 2012
                  • Tasmania

I'm also looking for a system to replace my MMC WITH Rockford in my Exceed. I was recommended by an Outlander driver with Rockford for a model from AliExpress, Asottu COLD7060 Android 7.1 2G+32G 8 core car dvd radio video gps navigation for Mitsubishi outlander lancer asx 2012 2013 2014.

Apparently they can supply a cheap Canbus to ensure it work's with the Rockford amp.

I contacted them to confirm this and they asked for pictures of the MMC in my Pajero. They want to know what two connectors are on the back of the unit as per the photo:

On Facebook I was told the green one is GPS and that number 1 provides power, but not 100% sure. Does anyone know for a fact what it is?

The AliExpress seller also asked for a wired diagram for the car connectors to double check with engineers... god know's where I'd get that from!

Comment

• Faereag
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2009
                    • Aberfoyle Park, SA

Originally posted by 85L200Express View Post
                    I'm also looking for a system to replace my MMC WITH Rockford in my Exceed. I was recommended by an Outlander driver with Rockford for a model from AliExpress, Asottu COLD7060 Android 7.1 2G+32G 8 core car dvd radio video gps navigation for Mitsubishi outlander lancer asx 2012 2013 2014.

Apparently they can supply a cheap Canbus to ensure it work's with the Rockford amp.

I contacted them to confirm this and they asked for pictures of the MMC in my Pajero. They want to know what two connectors are on the back of the unit as per the photo:

On Facebook I was told the green one is GPS and that number 1 provides power, but not 100% sure. Does anyone know for a fact what it is?

The AliExpress seller also asked for a wired diagram for the car connectors to double check with engineers... god know's where I'd get that from!
                    1. GPS Antenna jack - NAVI board

2. Rear camera/microphone/RSES Video
                    Regards

Rory

2010 NT DID Auto Platinum. ARB Bar; 12000lb winch; Light-force 240 spotlights; Bushskinz plates; dual battery with upgraded wiring; Diff breathers; ECU re-tune; 3" exhaust Toyo AT11's; Ultra-gauge and OBD11 dongle; Garmin 52LM; Icom UHF; Craig Davies transmission cooler with fan; raised EHD Lovells coils; Mann & Hummel Catch Can; Bilstein B6's; Firestone airbags; Tekonsha P3 controller; towball capacity 300KG; GVM 3110KG. Sunland Patriot SE van with a few other mods.

Comment

• 85L200Express
                      • Mar 2012
                      • Tasmania

Thanks for the reply Rory. Just to clarify, 2 is the Rear camera/microphone/RSES Video? As someone else told me the green (2) was GPS.

Thanks again.
                      Last edited by 85L200Express; 13-01-18, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Faereag
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2009
                        • Aberfoyle Park, SA

Originally posted by 85L200Express View Post
                        Thanks for the reply Rory. Just to clarify, 2 is the Rear camera/microphone/RSES Video?

Thanks again.
                        That is correct 85
                        It is not very clear, but here is a link to the model.
                        Regards

Rory

2010 NT DID Auto Platinum. ARB Bar; 12000lb winch; Light-force 240 spotlights; Bushskinz plates; dual battery with upgraded wiring; Diff breathers; ECU re-tune; 3" exhaust Toyo AT11's; Ultra-gauge and OBD11 dongle; Garmin 52LM; Icom UHF; Craig Davies transmission cooler with fan; raised EHD Lovells coils; Mann & Hummel Catch Can; Bilstein B6's; Firestone airbags; Tekonsha P3 controller; towball capacity 300KG; GVM 3110KG. Sunland Patriot SE van with a few other mods.

Comment

• Funnelweb
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Qld

a pioneer avh-z2050 (CarPlay stereo)

Originally posted by AAKASH View Post
                          Hi I was wondering if anyone had success in replacement the head unit on a pajero running mcs with premium rockford.
                          I was wondering if someone actually managed to replace the head unit with something like the following units and still be able to use all speakers and dvd player setting.

ケンウッドブランドの総合情報ページです。ホームオーディオ、カーオーディオ、カーナビゲーション、無線機等の商品情報や、サポートなどの商品関連情報を提供している公式ホームページです。

Thanks

Nitin Jayanand
                          Marochydore car sound quoted me $1125 fitted. To replace mmsc Rockford, and maintain amp,speakers,driver controls, and rear cam, and get you blue tooth,.

Comment

• madmagna
                            • Nov 2010
                            • Melbourne

Further to my last post

Have an Android system in the car now with the MITO02 (was lucky as one of my wholesale suppliers has them so did not have to wait too long to get it)

Have run a new mic for the hands free, has 2 USB, 1 micro card hard mount, runs full android so have installed my hema, has wifi, gps etc etc etc. Have also purchased a 4G hotspot in the car so have good connection at all times I am in range so Hema works well.

Have not bothered with the steering wheel controls to be honest, while this unit will run them I find them more of a pain than a help when off road and I bump them

What I would love to do is get the reverse camera up and running without replacing the unit that is there. Have looked at various diagrams I have found but not really any closer to getting the original camera working. Any assistance here if anyone has done this would be great

Comment

• Morville
                              Valued Member
                              • Mar 2008
                              • Buxton Vic

Originally posted by madmagna View Post
                              What I would love to do is get the reverse camera up and running without replacing the unit that is there. Have looked at various diagrams I have found but not really any closer to getting the original camera working. Any assistance here if anyone has done this would be great
                              When I did mine I replaced the camera and ran a new cable to it. I understand the camera with the MMCS is 5 volts and new cameras are usually 12v. What I pondered but never did was to place a 12v to 5 volt usb adaptor at the back to operate the oem camera. Someone else might know if that might work.
                              Peter

Comment

• madmagna
                                • Nov 2010
                                • Melbourne

Yes they are 5v as far as I know which in itself is not an issue at all as I can make a converter for that

The only real hassle I have had thus far was fitting the MITO02 as there is very little space at all for this to fit into the area.

Will wait to see if anyone has done this and if I end up working it out (time is my issue) will post up details of what I did

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X