• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maximage
    • Mar 2013
    • Darch, Perth, WA

EOI - WA Long weekend 24/25/26 Sept

Just throwing the idea out there to see if anyone is interested in heading out for the long weekend? No definite locked in ideas, but thinking maybe Holland Track, or Pemberton/Yeagerup, or one I've done before with Nik on here which involved heading out to Helena and Aurora Ranges (which may not be around much longer due to the threat of mining), then down through Jaurdi Station. Sharkcaver also has a thread on here somewhere about having done the same loop.

Possibly considering taking the Friday off too to get heading out Thursday evening and maybe get a couple of hundred kms under the belt.

Open to ideas if anyone is keen to get away. I will be heading off somewhere regardless, but open to other people and other suggestions on locations.

Just in case this turns into something:

Disclaimer:

"Subject to any insurance cover organised by the Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria ["the Club"], the Club accepts no liability for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property arising directly or indirectly from attending any trips advertised on this web-site. Forum members and other accompanying persons undertaking these trips do so at their own risk and should make their own enquiries as to any insurance cover. Trip participants acknowledge that in the event of inappropriate behaviour, the designated Trip Leader is entitled to ask the offending person or persons to leave. It is acknowledged by Forum members and other trip participants that the Pajero 4WD Club & the Pajero Club Public Forum web-site provides a forum for trips as a community service, and, whilst every care is taken by the Trip Leader, is not intended to convey any responsibility for the trips themselves on the part of the Club"
    SOLD: 2013 DiD VRX, MM locker, Dueller 697s, ARB bull bar, Runva EWX9500-Q winch, full Bushskinz plates and sliders, Lovells/Bilsteins with PolyAirs, Airtec snorkel, Jonny Tig Front Mount Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" exhaust, RalliArt ECU, FuelManager diesel pre-filter, EGR block & catch can, BRC breathers, Hella 4000 HIDs, LED Light Bar, BCDC dual battery system, Tow Pro Elite brake controller, Couplertec, spare tyre lift, Whispbar roof racks.
  • Georgie
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2013
    • Secret Harbour WA

I would be interested if I am not already away with Pam we are thinking of trying to get away with the caravan on a wild flower run up through the Midwest area but I will keep an eye on this thread
    Cheers
    Georgie
    2015 Sahara
    Black Mica in colour
    BFG A/T 275x70x18s Black Widow drawers Redark dual battery system GME CB radio Redarc Tow Prow Elite

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero

Comment

• Onslow
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2007
      • Perth, Western Australia

At this stage I'll be out in the Goldfields somewhere on a trip arranged just last night! If that falls through I'll be in on this one instead.
      NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.

Comment

• sharkcaver
        "2000"+ Valued Contributor
        • May 2009
        • Perth

Originally posted by Onslow View Post
        At this stage I'll be out in the Goldfields somewhere on a trip arranged just last night!
        Alright for some of us hey. I'm now stuck at home with a broken Paj I don't expect to get away for the next 6 months
        MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Georgie
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2013
          • Secret Harbour WA

[QUOTE=sharkcaver;515603]Alright for some of us hey. I'm now stuck at home with a broken Paj I don't expect to get away for the next 6 months [/QUOTE]

Come on Shane you can always use the other Paj or have you sold already
          Cheers
          Georgie
          2015 Sahara
          Black Mica in colour
          BFG A/T 275x70x18s Black Widow drawers Redark dual battery system GME CB radio Redarc Tow Prow Elite

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero

Comment

• sharkcaver
            • May 2009
            • Perth

Originally posted by Georgie View Post
            [QUOTE=sharkcaver;515603]Alright for some of us hey. I'm now stuck at home with a broken Paj I don't expect to get away for the next 6 months

Come on Shane you can always use the other Paj or have you sold already
            Cheers
            Georgie[/QUOTE]

All the go away bits on that went into the NX. Its my daily driver now while I get the NX sorted
            MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• grhyso
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2012
              • Perth

I'm working 24th, 25th. See how I'm travelling, i might get them off but it'll be a last minute thing.
              2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Maximage
                • Mar 2013
                • Darch, Perth, WA

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                [/COLOR]
                All the go away bits on that went into the NX. Its my daily driver now while I get the NX sorted
                And what if we just headed down to Leaning Marri again so you could take the trailer, rather than touring as such?
                SOLD: 2013 DiD VRX, MM locker, Dueller 697s, ARB bull bar, Runva EWX9500-Q winch, full Bushskinz plates and sliders, Lovells/Bilsteins with PolyAirs, Airtec snorkel, Jonny Tig Front Mount Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" exhaust, RalliArt ECU, FuelManager diesel pre-filter, EGR block & catch can, BRC breathers, Hella 4000 HIDs, LED Light Bar, BCDC dual battery system, Tow Pro Elite brake controller, Couplertec, spare tyre lift, Whispbar roof racks.

Comment

• stevemc181
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2012
                  • Thornlie/Perth

I'll keep an eye on this one also. No real preference on location, but Yeagarup etc will be full on a long weekend. Jaurdi station and H&A would be a better bet I think.
                  2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                  3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• sharkcaver
                    • May 2009
                    • Perth

Originally posted by Maximage View Post
                    And what if we just headed down to Leaning Marri again so you could take the trailer, rather than touring as such?
                    The rear anderson was removed from the NP, but could be done in a push I suppose. Not keen on driving the NX till I get some of my CSR issues sorted. I've now got a dual filler, vented to atmosphere cause there is no aux tank to attach it to (and it doesn't have rear anderson either). Killer punch for me though is I fly to Rockhampton on the 26th - no not to put pressure on Dobinson , but to visit my Pa. He's getting on and best the family visit whilst we can.

So cheers for the thoughts, that's appreciated.

My Journeys

Comment

• Georgie
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Secret Harbour WA

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                      The rear anderson was removed from the NP, but could be done in a push I suppose. Not keen on driving the NX till I get some of my CSR issues sorted. I've now got a dual filler, vented to atmosphere cause there is no aux tank to attach it to (and it doesn't have rear anderson either). Killer punch for me though is I fly to Rockhampton on the 26th - no not to put pressure on Dobinson , but to visit my Pa. He's getting on and best the family visit whilst we can.

So cheers for the thoughts, that's appreciated.
                      Hi Shane
                      You can borrow my Nissan Navara 4X4 dual cab ute but you would have to wear a brown paper bag so nobody would know its you LOL

Georgie
                      2015 Sahara
                      Black Mica in colour

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero

Comment

• Maximage
                        • Mar 2013
                        • Darch, Perth, WA

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                        I'll keep an eye on this one also. No real preference on location, but Yeagarup etc will be full on a long weekend. Jaurdi station and H&A would be a better bet I think.
                        Yeah, to be honest, I am leaning more towards hitting H&A. When Nik and I did it we probably rushed it a little with bit of a delay heading out there (Nik may or may not have forgotten his sleeping bag, so we may or may not have spent time wandering around Merredin the first morning trying to find one) then a slow pub lunch in Southern Cross with the footy on TV, then we hit Jaurdi Station probably a tad early the following arvo and ended up just hightailing it back to Perth. Pretty sure there would be more to poke around if a touch more time was taken.

Plus, I would be paranoid about getting a spot at Leaning Marri on a long weekend, and I don't particularly feel like doing a metric tonne of research trying to list all possible alternative camp spots in the area as a back up.

Thinking maybe arrange to meet up early Friday evening and head off, maybe somewhere like Mundairing. Grab a bite along the way somewhere and head for around Merredin maybe, unless someone knows a good spot to stop elsewhere. Merredin at least means a shower etc after coming straight from work.

Sat AM off towards H&A via Southern Cross. Sunday head down to Jaurdi Station for the evening. Monday head home. Nothing would be set in stone apart form the meet time, even then it would be understanding people are trying to get there after work etc, so would be fluid. We get as far as we feel like Fri evening.

Thoughts and suggestions?

Comment

• Nik
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2010
                          • Perth

It's hard to know what happened with the sleeping bag. I know some people might say that I forgot to bring it and had to drive around Merredin in the Paj at 4am in the morning with the heater on because I was so cold .... but I choose not to remember that

H&A was awesome though and I would be dead keen to do that again and explore the range some more. I definitely wouldn't take the same route out again that we took. Good to chalk that up to experience but a bit of a boring route and I feel like we left a lot of the range which was pretty stunning unexplored. That campsite on the top of the range was as good as it gets, probably the best campsite I've had in the outback.

It's been way too long since I've been out on a trip, and this looks like a goodun so count me in

Shane - mate you can't miss this because you're down a vehicle! If you don't mind slumming it in a NP again I'll make sure there's space for you
                          2005 NP Platinum 3.2 DID Auto, Lovells HD springs, Bilstein shocks, Firestone Airbags, ARB bar, Warn XD 9000 winch, IPF 900 Xtreme Sport lights, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, Outback Accessories rock sliders, GME 3200 UHF, CTEK Dc to Dc Dual Battery system, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tyres, Torque Converter lock-up kit, Safari snorkel, Taipan high performance exhaust, LRA 66lt long range fuel tank.

Comment

• Connormcintosh
                            • Jun 2015
                            • Gascoyne Junction

Well keen

Would love to go out for a few days with some fellow forum members. Just need the time in advance will bookmark the tab and keep an eye on it. Never done the Holland track and would be keen on doing that.
                            Had; 2005 NP 3.8L auto with all the berries

Now 2010 Patrol Zd30 with even more berries

Comment

• sharkcaver
                              • May 2009
                              • Perth

Originally posted by Nik View Post
                              Shane - mate you can't miss this because you're down a vehicle! If you don't mind slumming it in a NP again I'll make sure there's space for you
                              You're a good man, young Nik . But I have two problems, the major one being I will be in QLD during this time frame.

My Journeys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X