• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goodsy
    Who ya gunna call....
    • Dec 2010
    • Hervey Bay

My story is not mine but my dads. Getting a second tank fitted to his new gen one, yes a few years back.
    Went to pick it up only to find it had no rear tank and was ready for a gas conversion. Dad not happy!
    Waited at the factory while the fitted the tank back the replumbed as a second tank.
    left at 9PM for a boys weekend. Made it 20k's before the Pajero stalled.
    You guessed. Tank full of slag not washed of even flushed fuel filter blocked.
    They tried to blame it on a stock MM hose the split. Nice try.
    So not only did it cost a fortune but the stuffed the install twice and tried to blame it on a MM hose.

For that reason I will never buy anything Brown Davis.
    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• m_and_m
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2010
      • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

I went for LRA mainly due to the easier install.
      It has copped a real beating and is still completely fine.
      I agree you wouldnt want anything lower.
      Had a problem with the fuel pump failing after 2nd use, but this is no fault of LRA. Replacement pump has been fine.
      Yes, the fuel transfer is slow, but it's not an issue.
      Happy with LRA build quality, and my exceed tank (with rear a/c) is rated at 58l, but i can get 64l in if filled to brim.
      2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
      2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
      Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• letsgoplaces
        • Jul 2014
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Chris74 View Post
        I seen posts of Brown Davis troubles and went for the LRA instead installed at TJM Clovelly Park in Adelaide.Has been great so far and works a treat with no problems.
        I'm thinking of heading in there for a tank.
        How much did they charge you? And was it for a rear air model?

Cheers
        John

Comment

• Jimbo2
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2012
          • Bendigo

Thanks for the posts, can't say any of this inspires confidence. They do make a lot of tanks, and they are still in business so perhaps they have their issues sorted.
          2013 NW GLX-R Factory Locker, TC mod,Dual Battery, 240V inverter, Anderson Plug, Fire Extinguisher. GME TX3500 UHF Radio, MM Alloy Bar, ORU 12000lb Winch,EGR mod, Fancy wheels, 33" Pirelli ATR Tyres, LRA Aux tank, Custom bash plates & Rock sliders, Ultra Gauge, ARB Compressor, LED Light bar, little mods around the cabin. Kings Std Ratecoils & Ultimate Shocks, Firestone HP airbags, Airteck Snorkel, Hema 6. Towing: Starcraft outback

Comment

• supazuk
            • Jun 2014
            • Katherine

I have a tank from http://www.outbackaccessories.com.au and besides a issue when fitting it have had no issues.

I fitted it myself and when I had trouble fitting it the owner of the company rang me after hours and talked me through fitting it correctly.
            The tank is fairly agricultural looking but I don't expect to have any issues with it.
            Done approx 12000km since fitting and it has worked as expected. 2014 o'clock challenger.
            2014 PC Challenger, TJM winch bar, RUNVA 9500 winch, MMA tow bar, $0.09 EGR resister mod, 114L fuel tank, narva 225 HID driving lights, scan gauge 2, uniden UHF, TAIT VHF, TJM battery tray, bush skins , dobinsons lift and plenty more to still do

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X