• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phil G
    • Aug 2017
    • Mornington

iDrive unit for Pajero Sport

Hi
    I'd appreciate confirmation from owners of the correct model number of iDrive EVC unit for a 2016 Pajero Sport Exceed. My reading of the iDrive website suggests EVC301.
    Many thanks.
  • Phil G
    • Aug 2017
    • Mornington

In case anyone is interested, the correct unit is EVC313

Comment

• Flying
      • Jul 2016
      • Sydney

Originally posted by Phil G View Post
      In case anyone is interested, the correct unit is EVC313
      Hi Phil,

Did you confirm that was the correct model? That's the stated model for MQ triton so I'm assuming it's correct.

Any comments on the product? I'm setting up for heavy towing and wondering if it will add value...
      White 2016 Pajero Sport GLS, MM bullbar, HR towbar + andersen hitch, towpro, lovells 2" lift, cooper at3's, bushskinz, thule bars, clearviews, redarc bcdc + 110ah lithium, engel MRF40 fridge, GME TX3350, cel-fi go, ultragauge, idrive, nitro maxx 22" LED bar, awning, cargo barrier, ARB compressor.

Comment

• PajNT
        • Apr 2010

Yes, evc313 is the correct one, it won't give you any more power but your throttle response is much better, makes it more drivable. I run mine on ac and if you give it a boot full then the response is there when needed. Cheers

Comment

• Phil G
          • Aug 2017
          • Mornington

Originally posted by Flying View Post
          Hi Phil,

Did you confirm that was the correct model? That's the stated model for MQ triton so I'm assuming it's correct.

Any comments on the product? I'm setting up for heavy towing and wondering if it will add value...
          I followed the shops advice and initially got the wrong unit, being the EVC301 and connected it up and started the car, which then got the engine revving wildly (along my heart rate) and every car alarm under the sun the to ring out.

The EVC313 is the correct unit. It does transform the vehicle by removing the annoying lag in acceleration. It is money well spent. I used to have mine set to U7, but now I leave it in Auto mode. I have seen no negative impact on fuel consumption.

Comment

• The Commodore
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2009
            • Macarthur Region NSW.

How hard/easy is the iDrive to fit?
            Is it just a matter of removing the cover from under the dash and taking the existing plug off and replacing with the new harness or do you have to take the pedal mechanism out?
            Regards.....Keith.

Comment

• Phil G
              • Aug 2017
              • Mornington

Originally posted by The Commodore View Post
              How hard/easy is the iDrive to fit?
              Is it just a matter of removing the cover from under the dash and taking the existing plug off and replacing with the new harness or do you have to take the pedal mechanism out?
              Hi Keith
              There are a couple of YouTube video's that shows the process, which I found helpful.

Yes you only need to remove the cover under the dash, to get access to the accelerator cable plug that plugs into the top of the pedal mechanism. The mechanism itself does not need to be removed.

There is a tab on one side of the existing plug that needs to be depressed to allow the plug to come off - I found this to be difficult the first time I removed it. The cars accelerator cable plug then connects into the iDrive unit top socket and the iDrive bottom socket connects to the top of the accelerator plug. I hope that makes sense. You will hear a definite 'click' when making connections.

The hardest part is positioning yourself so you can get access to the top of the accelerator.

Nowadays I leave mine in AC (auto) mode.

Comment

• The Commodore
                Valued Member
                • Nov 2009
                • Macarthur Region NSW.

Thanks Phil, when I took a quick look last night it looked a lot more complicated but in fact it only took half an hour.
                I was also routing the cable for an EDS and trying to find a convenient location for that so it took a bit longer with that thrown in.
                Now for a test drive........
                Regards.....Keith.

Comment

• Phil G
                  • Aug 2017
                  • Mornington

Thanks Phil, when I took a quick look last night it looked a lot more complicated but in fact it only took half an hour.
                  I was also routing the cable for an EDS and trying to find a convenient location for that so it took a bit longer with that thrown in.
                  Now for a test drive........
                  What are your thoughts Keith?

Comment

• AstinGC90
                    • Nov 2017
                    • Innisfail

Originally posted by Phil G View Post
                    What are your thoughts Keith?
                    +1
                    2016 MY17 Pajero Sport Exceed
                    MCC Rocker Bar - Runva 11XP Premium Winch - Tough Dog 40mm adjustable lift kit - Safari V-Spec - 4mm Stainless Bash Plates- Savannah RTT - Front Runner Slimline 2 Rack - All interior lighting swapped to LED's - Stedi 39" LED Lightbar with LED/DRL fogs - Intervolt DC/DC charger - Projecta 120W solar - Dual Battery under bonnet 75AH SLA aux - Provent Catch Can - Idrive Windbooster EVC313 - Miracast HDMI mod - Piranha Breathers.

Comment

• The Commodore
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2009
                      • Macarthur Region NSW.

Very interesting!

I ran it on Auto for a short while but found it a bit 'lumpy' at around 1500 to 2000 RPM which annoyed me a bit in stop start traffic.
                      I now have it on U5 which I'm finding great.
                      Overall at this early stage I'm quite happy with the result. I did a few hours driving in Sydneys' Parramatta Rd and surrounding areas traffic and back home yesterday and found the lack of lag great.
                      Just seemed to make bumper to bumper traffic easier to tollerate.
                      It will be interesting when I tow the van in a few weeks to see which setting will feel the best.
                      I'm guessing it will go back onto auto at least for a trial or maybe permanently when towing.
                      My thoughts at present are that it was $250 well spent and I haven't had a chance to try a big range of settings yet.
                      Regards.....Keith.

Comment

• Phil G
                        • Aug 2017
                        • Mornington

Very interesting!

I ran it on Auto for a short while but found it a bit 'lumpy' at around 1500 to 2000 RPM which annoyed me a bit in stop start traffic.
                        I now have it on U5 which I'm finding great.
                        Overall at this early stage I'm quite happy with the result. I did a few hours driving in Sydneys' Parramatta Rd and surrounding areas traffic and back home yesterday and found the lack of lag great.
                        Just seemed to make bumper to bumper traffic easier to tollerate.
                        It will be interesting when I tow the van in a few weeks to see which setting will feel the best.
                        I'm guessing it will go back onto auto at least for a trial or maybe permanently when towing.
                        My thoughts at present are that it was $250 well spent and I haven't had a chance to try a big range of settings yet.
                        Great. I first had mine on U4 for the first month or so, then progressed up to U7, where I thought I had found the setting for me. I recently tried auto and its where it stays these days.

Comment

• The Commodore
                          Valued Member
                          • Nov 2009
                          • Macarthur Region NSW.

Mine somehow found its way back to the "off" position and boy you can certainly feel the difference then.
                          Regards.....Keith.

Comment

• Gwoolie
                            • Feb 2020
                            • Uk south

If fitted mine today. Was fiddly getting the oem off the top. There was a click fitting the new one to the top of the pedal, but not one the oem cable to the new splitter block, put it’s pushed down hard and it works.

Did use double sided tape to stick the splitter to the ecu block as it floated about.
                            May have a go at strapping it to the loom above one day with some long nylon straps.

Comment

• swilson150
                              • May 2020
                              • Glen Waverley

I bought and fitted one this week and was surprised how quick and easy it was to do.

EVC313L is the full part number to fit Pajero Sport QE's.

Undo the top two plastic screws securing the lower center dash panel, carefully swing it out of the way. Unplug the throttle, ensuring you push firmly on the clip/lock and plug in the cable. The plug with the wiring to the EVC should be closest to the throttle.

Double sided taped it just left of the start button. A bit hard to see when driving but at least the blue LEDs don't shine in my face.

Haven't driven it much since fitting it other than to test out the settings. So far U4 is good for me.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X