• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NT11Pajero
    • Jun 2019
    • Brisbane

ASC button issues

Sometimes I have to press the button 20 times before the light comes up on the dash. Sometimes it refuses to come on at all until I stop the car or turn the car off and on. Just wondering if this is a common issue? I don't have any fault codes so wondering if I have a dodgy switch or connection somewhere?
    Pajero 2011 NT GLS DID Auto. 3" 304 stainless exhaust, dyno tuned (135awkw), EGR block, EGR cooler removed, provent catch can, custom intercooler
  • Xrsteve
    • Apr 2018
    • Victoria

I know you have to hold it down for a couple of seconds and you have to be at a crawl speed to turn it off

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2016
      • Greater Sydney

You can turn it off anytime you like. Don't need to be at a crawl speed. If it's on it automatically turns off at a set speed I think around 40 to 50k

There is a hill we go up occasionally with three switch backs. One is severe. We have to switch ASC off otherwise it activates and stops us half way around.

You can't turn ASC off above a certain speed again around 40 or 50k.

If you are already driving above those speeds it won't turn off no matter how many times you push the button.

Not saying this is happening to you though.
      Last edited by BruceandBobbi; 19-03-20, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

In my NT I can't just push the button quickly like you might expect - I need to hold it briefly before it registers.

As others have posted, you need to be below 40km/h for it to turn off (although mine seems a fraction higher - maybe 42km/h?)

I recently had mine off for some beach driving, and it stayed off after we aired up back on the highway - including some overtaking exercises in a 110km/h zone. So I'm not sure what speed it will turn back on, but I believe that it will at some speed.
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• NT11Pajero
          • Jun 2019
          • Brisbane

Thanks for the responses all, I didn't realise you had to be below a certain speed and had to hold the button for a bit. I think there still might be something weird going on but at least I know for sure when it should work now.
          Pajero 2011 NT GLS DID Auto. 3" 304 stainless exhaust, dyno tuned (135awkw), EGR block, EGR cooler removed, provent catch can, custom intercooler

Comment

• Seigried
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2016
            • brisbane

I have never had to hold the button in. But i have only ever turned it off when stationary. This in both the ns and nw.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X