Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Do It Yourself Projects

Do It Yourself Projects Anything that you have made up yourself. Rear storage systems etc

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 1 Week Ago
paceman paceman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Mackay
Posts: 104
Default

looks awesome...

can i ask what the top, draws and draw frame are made of? assuming ply of some kind?

and the top covered in carpet?
__________________
Paceman's NT Pajero
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 1 Week Ago
1533rl 1533rl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: armadale wa
Posts: 206
Default New drawers and camp kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by paceman View Post
looks awesome...

can i ask what the top, draws and draw frame are made of? assuming ply of some kind?

and the top covered in carpet?
Hi Paceman, it is all construction plywood, various thicknesses as I used some new stuff and older left overs. I usually buy 2400 x 1200mm sheets and cut it up myself, it is cheaper than getting smaller sheets.

Top of the lower drawer section (in the car) is carpeted, just a piece of Bunnings carpet.

Cheers
Peter
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 1 Week Ago
paceman paceman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Mackay
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1533rl View Post
Hi Paceman, it is all construction plywood, various thicknesses as I used some new stuff and older left overs. I usually buy 2400 x 1200mm sheets and cut it up myself, it is cheaper than getting smaller sheets.

Top of the lower drawer section (in the car) is carpeted, just a piece of Bunnings carpet.

Cheers
Peter
thanks, mate...

a couple of more questions, if that's ok...

how have you attached the carcass uprights to the base and top horizontal pieces? glued and screwed?

how does the whole thing attach to the cargo area floor?

also, there looks to be a thin carpeted piece that might impede the drawers coming out?
__________________
Paceman's NT Pajero
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 1 Week Ago
1533rl 1533rl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: armadale wa
Posts: 206
Default New drawers and camp kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by paceman View Post
thanks, mate...

a couple of more questions, if that's ok...

how have you attached the carcass uprights to the base and top horizontal pieces? glued and screwed? Just screwed, easier to take down and rebuild.

how does the whole thing attach to the cargo area floor?
Pic 1, 2 & 3 - bolts into existing child restraint and seat belt points on each side

also, there looks to be a thin carpeted piece that might impede the drawers coming out?If you refer to the small piece of carpet at the front on the very bottom, that is part of the base piece and at the front it is curved to match the actual 3rd row seat space. That carpet is approx 2mm thick, the plastic runners are 5mm high and they are what the drawer base slides on. i.e. the drawer base is 3mm higher than the piece of carpet, if that make sense.
Cheers
Peter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D6.JPG (119.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg D7.JPG (107.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg D8.JPG (86.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg D9.JPG (86.5 KB, 21 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear camp/work light sharky Do It Yourself Projects 87 23-11-15 09:45 PM
D.I.Y Camp Kitchen 1533rl Camping /Caravan Parks/ Campers 20 13-04-15 10:40 PM
Camp Kitchen Mark1969 Do It Yourself Projects 3 28-07-12 07:56 AM
Storage Drawers, fridge & mini kitchen with table. PajDID2 Do It Yourself Projects 16 18-11-11 01:55 PM
rear camp lights scooter85 Electrical / Radios 2 23-08-10 07:43 PM


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 11:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.