Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > MM 4X4

MM 4X4 Affordable Vehicle Electronics

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_and_m View Post
Software update is available from the web site. Cost is just the postage, as the control unit needs to be returned to have the software installed.
Do you have certain times when you release upgrades (like once per year in Oct or something) or when ever you feel appropriate to do so? Thanks
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerman View Post
Do you have certain times when you release upgrades (like once per year in Oct or something) or when ever you feel appropriate to do so? Thanks
Only when it's appropriate to do so. There have been incremental updates all year, but this version is now worthy of wider application.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Build thread

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate now available
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

I fitted the iDrive today and so far things seem to be fine. The car is certainly more responsive so I'll play around with the settings but I didn't detect any obvious issue with Auto Mate.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Marshall,

Did you get my PM about my throttle controller etc?

Benny.
2011 NT Pajero Platinum, dual batteries, MM alloy bar, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent catch can, EGR disabled, Auto-mate TC lockup, 2 micron secondary fuel filter, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors & Bendix 4WD pads, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, H-Reese Compact brake controller, Uniden UH7760NB and Scangauge II.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTBenny View Post
Marshall,
Did you get my PM about my throttle controller etc?
Benny.
Yep - just replied.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Build thread

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate now available
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Well Iíve had my automate in the NT since Feb this year and for towing I would say itís an absolute must have.

I usually have it turned off when driving around town, I find the gear changes a little harsh when stop starting, not automates fault at all, I just like the default gear changes in stop start traffic.

Once we hook up the van itís a different story, I weighed the van before a large recent trip and was just under 2.6T

The difference the automate makes is like chalk and cheese driving with the van, it feels like I gained a lot more power with the torque converter locked and the gearbox behaved perfectly.

I found it hunting for a gear less, spent way more time in 5th than I would ever do manually on the freeway but the car just kept pulling on the inclines where I would manually change to 4th, on hills that always went back into 3rd at full revs it held in 4th and kept the car froM slowing too much too need 3rd.

Very impressed and recommend it even if you only use it for towing large loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2 Weeks Ago

My automate comes with an OBD splitter. Will an ELM327 BT dongle work connected to one end while the other end is connected to the automate? I should think it works but want to check.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Of course, that's what the splitter is for. I have an Ultra Guage plugged in to mine.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
Of course, that's what the splitter is for. I have an Ultra Guage plugged in to mine.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

After arranging for the upgrade to Auto Mate, I received it back from Marshall yesterday and fitted it in the car this morning. Thanks to Marshall and Michelle for the prompt service and excellent communication.

If you are taking Auto Mate out of the vehicle, the instructions are very precise. here's a picture on mine with the plugs in place after removal of the main unit. The two plugs are required so the car goes back to factory settings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG20191108112149.jpg (184.4 KB, 33 views)