• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vix2010
    • Jan 2015
    • Wamboin NSW

New speakers!!!

Just wondering if any one has up graded the stock speakers, have been looking at some speakers from jaycar, is it worth changing them with out changing the head unit?
    NT GLS DiD auto, ARB Bar,22" Cree Light Bar, Oricom UHF, Hankook Dynapro MT 265/70r17, CSA Granite Rims, Dobinsons 2" Lift, Safari Snorkle,Custom 3" exhaust, Thule roof racks,Kings awning,roof cage

Love The Paj 👍👍
    (Everything happens for a reason)
  • Poita
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2010
    • Adelaide

Short answer is yes. But best to use an amp. This then opens up a whole heap of possibilities. So if you don't want to go down that path, just upgrade the speakers.
    NW VRX MY2013
    Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• Scouter1
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2013
      • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by Poita View Post
      Short answer is yes. But best to use an amp. This then opens up a whole heap of possibilities. So if you don't want to go down that path, just upgrade the speakers.
      +1 - For sound quality improvement best bang for buck upgrade is new speakers as the factory ones are poor quality. Most aftermarket models will provide a better listening experience. Amplifier will make a more subtle improvement, same with head unit.

Cheers,
      Stephen
      2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• Aspey
        • Dec 2015
        • Great Southern Land

I had a pair of Jaycar splits and they were decent. They are middle of the market so not up there with Alpine, focal, Polk, hertz, Rockford, JL Audio etc but they don't cost as much either. The speaker installation makes a big difference to, I would upgrade the speaker cables while your at it. After speakers upgrading to an amp and new wires will give you more clean power, less distortion and will really improve the overall sound. The headunits signal is not really changing your sound as much as speakers, subs, amps and cables will. Also avoid compressed MP3 format if you care about audio quality.
        NP VRX DID

Comment

• Vicbitter
          • May 2016
          • Melbourne

Being.out of the car audio game for nearly 2 decades, and anyone recommended decent 3 way speakers, I'm planning to do the fronts first, then the rear.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Aspey
            • Dec 2015
            • Great Southern Land

Originally posted by Vicbitter View Post
            Being.out of the car audio game for nearly 2 decades, and anyone recommended decent 3 way speakers, I'm planning to do the fronts first, then the rear.

Here's a breakdown of some audio brands, http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthread.php?t=337891
            You might get some more informed responses as I dont have a system anymore but a lot of guys looking for sound quality wouldn't upgrade or even use rear speakers. They're just for rear fill or rear passengers. Like at a concert where you have the stage and speakers in front of you. So 3 ways up front (usually splits for better sound) and a sub in the rear.
            NP VRX DID

Comment

• Vix2010
              • Jan 2015
              • Wamboin NSW

Thanks for the replys,
              NT GLS DiD auto, ARB Bar,22" Cree Light Bar, Oricom UHF, Hankook Dynapro MT 265/70r17, CSA Granite Rims, Dobinsons 2" Lift, Safari Snorkle,Custom 3" exhaust, Thule roof racks,Kings awning,roof cage

Love The Paj 👍👍
              (Everything happens for a reason)

Comment

• Poita
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2010
                • Adelaide

This may be of some help:

I would look at splits if you have factory speakers, or 2 way coaxial drivers if you don't. 3 way splits are a waste of money unless correctly installed as they are very expensive.

Given you don't have an external amp, you need as efficient speaker as possible. The Jaycar ones are good value for money. That thread above has other more expensive suggestions.
                NW VRX MY2013
                Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• activnt
                  • May 2010

I put some Alpine R Series splits in my NT, made a massive difference.. even the voice of the satnav lady sounds different!

Also added one of these little Clarion 4 x 50w subs behind the head unit (fits easily behind the MMC and you don't know its there) which made a big difference too.

Dynamat in the doors + floors makes a difference to road noise and bass, also added an under-seat powered sub which ads a surprising amount of bass. Add to this some focal 2-ways in the rear doors and I'm very happy with the sound quality & loudness (can't have it up to 40 in volume without bleeding eardrums) and a completely stealth install.

Makes the OEM sound system sound like your grandpa's AM transistor.
                  2010 Gold ACTiV NT: twin lockers, lift, lights, winch & other stuff

Comment

• Vicbitter
                    • May 2016
                    • Melbourne

Are the stock fronts 6.5inch?
                    Looking at the Jaycar ones, but no splits.
                    Can I just use the 2 ways and the factory tweeters for now?

Comment

• Troy711
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2013
                      • Canberra

Anyone know what size the rears are? And also a guide to disassemble the front and rear door trims?

Comment

• aussieintas
                        Valued Member
                        • Feb 2013
                        • Sorell, Tasmania

Vix.......i changed my fronts to standard 6.5 and left the factory tweeters in.....sound fine.

Troy........the rears are same size but are mounted on a 6 by 9 plate with same cut out in body.....a lot of people upgrade to 6 by 9's.

Google pajero NTspeaker change or removal and theres explanations with lics to be found on line of how to remove....easy than trying to explain in this post.

Front doors are easy just a case of removing door cards.........rears are a bit more involved with removal of a lot of trim to get to them.
                        2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                        88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                        92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                        92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                        99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                        95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                        08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Troy711
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2013
                          • Canberra

The rear speakers aren't in the rear doors?

Comment

• ticky
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2015
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Troy711 View Post
                            The rear speakers aren't in the rear doors?
                            Aussieintas has a SWB, so... No rear doors to put them in.
                            2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• Troy711
                              Valued Member
                              • May 2013
                              • Canberra

Ahh, I didn't notice that. What about LWB, are they also 6.5 inch?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X