• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MickyD
    • Dec 2007
    • Aberfoyle Park SA

How to get a wire from boot to trailer plug

I need to take a trigger wire from my rear cargo area to my tow bar trailer plug. Has anyone does that? Just wondering what route to take.
    NT MY10 VRX DiD Auto (charcoal grey) with MMA towbar & nudge bar plus sundry other MMA bits including neoprene seat covers, Lightforce 170 Striker spotties, Milford cargo barrier, Hankook Ventus tyres on 18" OEM alloy rims and 17" BFG A/T KO tyres on 17" OEM steel rims, Redarc TowPro brake controller, DigOptions replacement head unit with reversing camera, full set of Bushskinz bash plates, Bilstein/Dobinson suspension
  • Allan2
    • May 2013
    • Mid Nort Coast, NSW

If my memory serves me well, from under the vehicle look up behind the bumperbar at the back of the third seat well right hand side there is a rubber grommet. To access it from the top you will have to lift up the trim from the rear of the third seat well, it is held in place by 3 or 4 plastic clips. I don't know where you are accessing your trigger wire from.
    Allan
    2009 NT, 3.2 Auto, D/Lights & Light Bar, EGR mod, Sump and Inter Cooler Guards, Tow Bar, Bog Standard.

Comment

• martialllaw
      • Jan 2012
      • Narangba

Originally posted by gaiallan View Post
      If my memory serves me well, from under the vehicle look up behind the bumperbar at the back of the third seat well right hand side there is a rubber grommet. To access it from the top you will have to lift up the trim from the rear of the third seat well, it is held in place by 3 or 4 plastic clips. I don't know where you are accessing your trigger wire from.
      Allan
      I used that route for power to my Anderson Plug just drilled a hole in the plastic tub in the seat well.
      2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.

Comment

• PradoEater
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2012
        • Oatley

Originally posted by gaiallan View Post
        Allan
        X2. Did the same foe two Anderson plugs for the van.
        NT 2011 DiD 30th Anniversary Edition, factory RD Lock, Toyo RT 33”, PWR interCooler, PWR radiator, MRT EcuTek tune, OL Steel Loop Bar, VRS 9500, ARB Awning, Kings rear awning, Full bushkinz, HD lovells + Koni RAIDS, front & back nolathane, EGR Block, 52'' LED bar, Scan Gauge 2, Projecta 150A, Optima + Fullriver, ProVent 200, Airtec Snorkel, Beaudesert Exhaust.
        Towing 2015 New Age Manta Ray 19BC

Comment

• dbdb
          • Aug 2008
          • Adelaide Hills

There are rubber grommets above the muffler that can be accessed from within the panel on the passenger side at the rear. Depending on the size write you need to run these may work for you without drilling new holes.
          14 NW GLX-R automatic, dual battery, Icom 440 UHF, redarc tow pro, Bushskinz bash plates, light bar, Dobinsons suspension, HPD front mount intercooler, ARB bull bar and other stuff.
          04 NP GLX now gone

Pajero Service Manual link

Comment

• MickyD
            • Dec 2007
            • Aberfoyle Park SA

Thanks everyone. That's exactly what I wanted to know. Love this forum!
            NT MY10 VRX DiD Auto (charcoal grey) with MMA towbar & nudge bar plus sundry other MMA bits including neoprene seat covers, Lightforce 170 Striker spotties, Milford cargo barrier, Hankook Ventus tyres on 18" OEM alloy rims and 17" BFG A/T KO tyres on 17" OEM steel rims, Redarc TowPro brake controller, DigOptions replacement head unit with reversing camera, full set of Bushskinz bash plates, Bilstein/Dobinson suspension

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X